• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Palliative Care

Crypto: I guess I never saw much before on PWO's. Did this past year make a difference in the quality of these types of offers or it a normal situation that usually gets little attention?

CryptoMiner

Crypto: I guess I never saw much before on PWO's. Did this past year make a difference in the quality of these types of offers or it a normal situation that usually gets little attention?

Interesting question, TCU as do all programs try to fill their fall practice roster with the twenty allowed PWOs (total not just incoming freshman). These are WOs who are allowed to start practicing with the team prior to the start of school when the other walk-ons can join the team.

However this year does seem unusual and it does have to do with the changes in the process mostly due to COVID-19 restrictions.

No football camps and no coaches visits have really made it tough for a lot of good but late bloomers to get noticed. Also with many lower programs virtually shutting down including JUCOs options are becoming more limited.

I like highlighting the walk-ons as much as possible and looks like there will be some definite early contributors coming in this year.

Eight

It's also very difficult to have a reasonable discussion of any sort with someone who so flippantly abuses basic rules of the English language.

WholeEnchantingIndochinahogdeer-size_restricted.gif

2themax

Demarco Roberts of Aledo is undersized but is a heck of an athlete.
Only 5'8" 160 lbs but made all state at cb as a jr and has rushed for 2,000 yds this season. Why doesn't he have more offers?

Eight

Demarco Roberts of Aledo is undersized but is a heck of an athlete.
Only 5'8" 160 lbs but made all state at cb as a jr and has rushed for 2,000 yds this season. Why doesn't he have more offers?

if i am not mistaken, the ncaa has set restrictions on college coaches going out and watching players so a 5'8" 160 lb defensive back might not garner a great deal of attention and 2,000 is a great high school season, but doesn't guarantee success at the college level.

a good number of kids who would be ideal candidates at the level below p5 are going to be overlooked and not offered with what has transpired with the covid etc...

Eight

when was tomlinson a 5'8" 160 lb running back recruit in a time that college coaches couldn't go out and watch high school games in person and as far as smith he was quite well known coming of out high school in louisiana