• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Dude...who really gives a boat where we sign our players from??

Our classes are getting better and better...you're original point or inference that our TCU Alum coaches are missing out on DFW kids is dumb.

You are ridiculously overanalyzing this...

made a comment on a trend and a marked changed in the frogs recruiting.

so the last 3 classes are rated higher than the 2016-2018 classes?

6 kids in the last 3 classes when we had signed at least 5 kids a class between 2012-2018

yep, completely over-analyzing that trend when the area continues to produce some of the best talent in the country

Moose Stuff

maybe, but then look at the 2019 class where 2 of the 4 4-stars were out of state defensive tackles, one who has transferred out, and another who left school in the fall

does that mean we stop recruiting highly regarded out of state defensive tackles?

heck, look at the number of kids the frogs have recruited from so louisiana who never panned out and yet you said you have no problem with the frogs recruiting in those areas

this isn't a case of my wishing that tcu recruited an area like so cal, this is a situation, the frogs own backyard where they had success for a long period of time and then in the last three classes something has changed.

talent hasn't diminished and not just in the top tier kids. colorado had a true freshman starting at corner and a true frosh backup cornerback who were both from the metroplex and showed some ability. guess those kids wanted to leave home, but i seem to recall discussion with questions on why they weren't offered and the frogs sign a qb from oklahoma who they want to move to tight end and has transferred out so do we stop recruiting oklahoma?

Good grief. I never used the word "stop". Maybe we just don't focus on it as much as we used to because we've realized we are capable of signing very talented kids from other places and that the DFW area kids have not panned out well at all recently. And I have no problem recruiting Louisiana because of Chucky Hunter, Turpin, Wallow, D Davis, T Lathan, K Coleman, A Washington, H Caesar, A Lynn, J McFarland, C Bradley, J Diarse, P Jenkins, E Barquet..... that's a truly awful observation.

Last edited:

Punter1

made a comment on a trend and a marked changed in the frogs recruiting.

so the last 3 classes are rated higher than the 2016-2018 classes?

6 kids in the last 3 classes when we had signed at least 5 kids a class between 2012-2018

yep, completely over-analyzing that trend when the area continues to produce some of the best talent in the country

Yep...you are.

Eight

recruiting is sales and for some reason a product that have been attractive in a very lucrative marketplace has lost its appeal quite quickly

some say it is the kids suddenly want to go away from home but what is odd is this wasn't a problem 4 years ago.

borrowing a common theme from country frog we will never know the true story and my biggest interest is whether or not there is something about the perception of the program or how it is sold.

staff has done a great job opening new areas to recruit going coast to coast and across the atlantic. tough to continually open new areas and having established relationships are nice as you know who to trust for real answers and info.

obviously the frogs have a solid presence in new orleans and simply would like to see that in houston and the metroplex

Moose Stuff

recruiting is sales and for some reason a product that have been attractive in a very lucrative marketplace has lost its appeal quite quickly

some say it is the kids suddenly want to go away from home but what is odd is this wasn't a problem 4 years ago.

borrowing a common theme from country frog we will never know the true story and my biggest interest is whether or not there is something about the perception of the program or how it is sold.

staff has done a great job opening new areas to recruit going coast to coast and across the atlantic. tough to continually open new areas and having established relationships are nice as you know who to trust for real answers and info.

obviously the frogs have a solid presence in new orleans and simply would like to see that in houston and the metroplex

Corey Bethley, Ross Blacklock, Zach Evans, Darius Anderson, Sewo, Noah Daniels, A Myers, Cordel Igwuagwu, Keeyon Stewart, Taye Barber, Andrew Coker, Ahmonte Watkins....

Eight

Corey Bethley, Ross Blacklock, Zach Evans, Darius Anderson, Sewo, Noah Daniels, A Myers, Cordel Igwuagwu, Keeyon Stewart, Taye Barber, Andrew Coker, Ahmonte Watkins....

roughly 2 kids a class from one of the largest recruiting areas in the country and the quality has been pretty solid on those kids you have named, but maybe my wanting more kids from houston is a bit myopic on my part.

helcap

tenor.gif

2themax

It is disheartening to watch LSU Alabama OU OSU and others walk in and leave with the area's top talent on an annual basis.
Can't help to think where the program would be had a few of them stayed.

McFroggin

can't do that on a phone, but can provide the numbers and my point simply has been the frogs are not signing nearly the number of kids they have signed in the past from the metroplex and never said tcu can't sign kids from the metroplex.

merely that there has been a drop for some reason in the last 3 classes

We had a lot of local hyper when we entered the Big 12. Then we actually had some success in the Big 12 with local media hype.

Now we average in the Big 12. Our Offense struggles. Our coaches make simple mistakes that are shown on film by recruiters from other schools. Now local recruiting is hard.

Wexahu

We had a lot of local hyper when we entered the Big 12. Then we actually had some success in the Big 12 with local media hype.

Now we average in the Big 12. Our Offense struggles. Our coaches make simple mistakes that are shown on film by recruiters from other schools. Now local recruiting is hard.

For the most part, local recruits haven't panned out. Maybe that's the biggest problem.

LSU Game Attendee

Not that coaches would ever turn this kind of talent away, and every individual is different, but I wonder if the staff is somewhat gunshy about exposure to Devonte Fields-type headaches?

Ironic negative effect of sitting in a recruiting hotbed!

Also, now that every D1 game is somewhere on TV every week, the importance of easy family accessibility may be diminished.

CountryFrog

So the opposing coaches are only showing those mistakes on film to kids in DFW and not in other regions of the state and country? Interesting decision by them.

McFroggin

Not that coaches would ever turn this kind of talent away, and every individual is different, but I wonder if the staff is somewhat gunshy about exposure to Devonte Fields-type headaches?

Ironic negative effect of sitting in a recruiting hotbed!

Also, now that every D1 game is somewhere on TV every week, the importance of easy family accessibility may be diminished.

Id like to better understand the Fields situation. Female victim reported being struck with a closed fist to the face. She declined medical attention and did not seek it after from my recollection. I’m not sure anyone here could be struck by Fields in the face with a closed fist and not need medical attention.

Im not arguing that there wasn’t a victim and Fields is innocent. I just feel like there was a lot more to this story.