• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Yes, Power Point please

can't do that on a phone, but can provide the numbers and my point simply has been the frogs are not signing nearly the number of kids they have signed in the past from the metroplex and never said tcu can't sign kids from the metroplex.

merely that there has been a drop for some reason in the last 3 classes

Moose Stuff

would you like the numbers breakdown of the decline of kids from the metroplex in the last three classes or are you going to continue to parrot what you are told for 9.95 a month?

Last three classes are as good as we've ever had in three consecutive years so I can't imagine caring what the numbers say. No idea what your last comment has to do with it.

Bill Bozeat

would you like the numbers breakdown of the decline of kids from the metroplex in the last three classes or are you going to continue to parrot what you are told for 9.95 a month?

You post more words than anyone ever in history of KF
If you change your name back to Fiesty Frog I might read some of them

Eight

Last three classes are as good as we've ever had in three consecutive years so I can't imagine caring what the numbers say. No idea what your last comment has to do with it.

last 6 years have been strong overall, until 3 years ago they frogs had signed no fewer than 5 kids from the metroplex in any class since joining the big 12.

last 3 classes they have signed 6 in total which is what my point has been all along. never said the classes were bad, never said they hadn't signed anyone. merely that for some reason in the past three classes the frogs haven't signed many from the metroplex which was downward trend from the past

netty2424

This. Which is why the NFL knows it can be cheap on salaries and why colleges have to overpay.

I still think Moore has some sort of agreement with Jerry in place for him to turn that job down...
For Kellen’s sake, I hope so. It would be a shame if he turned down a multimillion dollar contract only to be fired Monday. I guess it’s probably not too late now that playoffs are out of the question.

Moose Stuff

last 6 years have been strong overall, until 3 years ago they frogs had signed no fewer than 5 kids from the metroplex in any class since joining the big 12.

last 3 classes they have signed 6 in total which is what my point has been all along. never said the classes were bad, never said they hadn't signed anyone. merely that for some reason in the past three classes the frogs haven't signed many from the metroplex which was downward trend from the past

And all I said was that I personally don't care where our recruits come from. I especially don't care when you throw in the fact that we've signed 14 4 and 5 star recruits in the last 3 classes according to 247 and every last one of them isn't from DFW (9 aren't even from Texas).

Eight

And all I said was that I personally don't care where our recruits come from. I especially don't care when you throw in the fact that we've signed 14 4 and 5 star recruits in the last 3 classes according to 247 and every last one of them isn't from DFW (9 aren't even from Texas).

true, last three classes have been strong, similar to the 16 4 stars the frogs signed in the 2016-2018 classes with 5 from dfw and 4 from dfw were in one class

just seems odd you go from pulling 4 4-stars in one class in the metroplex to much smaller numbers, but the staff has been resourceful in finding kids, especially those who sat out a year and the long distance quarterbacks

Moose Stuff

true, last three classes have been strong, similar to the 16 4 stars the frogs signed in the 2016-2018 classes with 5 from dfw and 4 from dfw were in one class

just seems odd you go from pulling 4 4-stars in one class in the metroplex to much smaller numbers, but the staff has been resourceful in finding kids, especially those who sat out a year and the long distance quarterbacks

Look at those classes again... Shawn Robinson, Omar Manning, Kennedy Snell, Chase Von Waggoner, Brandon Bowen, Izaiah Filikitonga.... they all have something in common. Hell the one truly productive player we signed in those classes was Reagor and I'm not sure the staff enjoyed his stay here either. Maybe your answer lies somewhere in there.

Eight

Look at those classes again... Shawn Robinson, Omar Manning, Kennedy Snell, Chase Von Waggoner, Brandon Bowen, Izaiah Filikitonga.... they all have something in common. Hell the one truly productive player we signed in those classes was Reagor and I'm not sure the staff enjoyed his stay here either. Maybe your answer lies somewhere in there.

maybe, but then look at the 2019 class where 2 of the 4 4-stars were out of state defensive tackles, one who has transferred out, and another who left school in the fall

does that mean we stop recruiting highly regarded out of state defensive tackles?

heck, look at the number of kids the frogs have recruited from so louisiana who never panned out and yet you said you have no problem with the frogs recruiting in those areas

this isn't a case of my wishing that tcu recruited an area like so cal, this is a situation, the frogs own backyard where they had success for a long period of time and then in the last three classes something has changed.

talent hasn't diminished and not just in the top tier kids. colorado had a true freshman starting at corner and a true frosh backup cornerback who were both from the metroplex and showed some ability. guess those kids wanted to leave home, but i seem to recall discussion with questions on why they weren't offered and the frogs sign a qb from oklahoma who they want to move to tight end and has transferred out so do we stop recruiting oklahoma?

Punter1

Dude...who really gives a boat where we sign our players from??

Our classes are getting better and better...you're original point or inference that our TCU Alum coaches are missing out on DFW kids is dumb.

You are ridiculously overanalyzing this...