• The KillerFrogs

2020 “Other” Bowl Games

LVH

Still believe Cincinnati was top 4? I don't and never did.

I believe the playoff should be expanded to give teams like Cincy a chance... but they were not top 4

OICU812

Fickell lost a lot of respect IMO

Agree he shat the bed at the end- when you're the little guy you have to keep shooting until your barrels melt- but to be able to have it within their grasp in the favored opponent's backyard... I don't think he loses much.

Wexahu

I think it's hilarious that many on here, including you, think that G5 teams can't compete with P5 teams, even though our alma mater proved that false.

A couple things..... I think there is less parity now and a bigger divide between the G5 and P5 than there was a decade ago. I think that 2010 TCU team is better than this Cincy team, maybe by a pretty wide margin. Can't compete? It's not so much that they can't compete, it's that when you are picking only 4 playoff teams, a G5 isn't going to be one of the 4, if you are trying to pick the most "deserving", simply because of the massive difference in schedules. I don't think ND has much of a chance to keep this afternoon's game close until the 4th quarter. If Cincy was playing Bama, I'd be even much more pessimistic about their chances. As a football fan who likes good games, I'm glad Cincy isn't playing.

This argument started when a poster implies that this Cincy-Georgia game proved that Cincy belonged in the playoffs. I don't agree with that at all. They have no business being in a 4-team playoff, before today they hadn't played one P5 team.

LVH

I think it's hilarious that many on here, including you, think that G5 teams can't compete with P5 teams, even though our alma mater proved that false.

They can, but Cincy was not a top 4 team. Their 2 best wins were by 3 points and both lost in humiliating fashion in their bowl games

Pharm Frog

Agree he shat the bed at the end- when you're the little guy you have to keep shooting until your barrels melt- but to be able to have it within their grasp in the favored opponent's backyard... I don't think he loses much.

No. You have to be able to do math and coach your kids situationally. Has nothing to do with firing your barrels until they melt. Question: what play put the Rose Bowl away for the Frogs against mighty Wisconsin?

CountryFrog

All the Cincy earning respect talk is now moot imo. Gotta actually win the game right there. Outside of playing Alabama or Clemson, losing by any margin to anyone else in your only big game all year just isn't good enough if you're wanting to claim that you deserve playoff consideration.