• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

asleep003

We will have 6 QB's on scholarship next year, I would think something would have to give there. The only other oddity I see on the roster numbers-wise is we'll have 7 DT's next year and four of them will be seniors. Desperately need some more bodies at that position for beyond 2021. I am assuming nobody sticks around for a 6th year, even though they could.
We presently have 2 So and 2 Fr DTs ... but yes we need to have 2 in this class. Just noticed Filikitonga is no longer on roster... certainly missed that one.?.

Eight

We presently have 2 So and 2 Fr DTs ... but yes we need to have 2 in this class. Just noticed Filikitonga is no longer on roster... certainly missed that one.?.

frogs currently have 5 underclassmen scholarship defensive tackles

cooper and ellis are juniors, misi is a sophomore, and jenkins and barquet are seniors. if bethley were to come back that helps a great deal on the short term, but not much after 2021.

hopefully the frogs can pick up a transfer as the cupboard is pretty bare on high school prospects at this position

Moose Stuff

cooper and ellis are juniors, misi is a sophomore, and jenkins and barquet are seniors. if bethley were to come back that helps a great deal on the short term, but not much after 2021.

hopefully the frogs can pick up a transfer as the cupboard is pretty bare on high school prospects at this position

Obviously you meant that Jenkins and Barquet are freshmen. Every one of those guys can come back for 2022 if both sides want that. They're all still gonna be underclassmen next year too with the free year this year.

asleep003

Eight ... Wex was saying/meaning we presently have only 3(I found 4) on our roster for 2022 right now... and should probably focus more on DTs in this class.

Edit... Sorrell's left out... makes 3 Fr and 2 So DTs.

Last edited:

Eight

Eight ... Wex was saying/meaning we presently have only 3(I found 4) on our roster for 2022 right now... and should probably focus more on DTs in this class.

Edit... Sorrell's left out... makes 3 Fr and 2 So DTs.

who is the 3rd freshman? you have jenkins and barquet.

Eight

Obviously you meant that Jenkins and Barquet are freshmen. Every one of those guys can come back for 2022 if both sides want that. They're all still gonna be underclassmen next year too with the free year this year.

did, but screw it, i am pulling a ticket123 and going down in flames with my position they are senior and you can't prove me wrong

Salfrog

Tier 1
while back and one of the 9.95 crowd will have to answer that question.

iziah and sorrells leaving has thinned the position out a bit

Wow, didn't realize Sorrells left also. That really sucks to here. I never understood why Sorrells didn't any playing time eay in the season when it looked like we really could have used him.

Wexahu

Wow, didn't realize Sorrells left also. That really sucks to here. I never understood why Sorrells didn't any playing time eay in the season when it looked like we really could have used him.

I didn't realize that either. Wow, we are REALLY thin there after next year.

Eight

I didn't realize that either. Wow, we are REALLY thin there after next year.

sorrells is still listed on the roster, but on a podcast a few weeks ago jeremy answered a question about him by saying he had gone back home and it would be very difficult getting him back to campus

no further details and while that means there is a chance, my approach has always been work with what you know you have to make your numbers and then keep a few hopes to make it a big year.

Wexahu

sorrells is still listed on the roster, but on a podcast a few weeks ago jeremy answered a question about him by saying he had gone back home and it would be very difficult getting him back to campus

no further details and while that means there is a chance, my approach has always been work with what you know you have to make your numbers and then keep a few hopes to make it a big year.

It was kind of strange how he ended up here in the first place. Seems like more often than not in those kind of situations, the strangeness or whatever you want to call it, doesn't just stop.

Wexahu

Tap the breaks on Sorrells being gone for sure. Some recent movement in a positive direction on that.

This is gonna sound like a really dumb question because I watched basically every play of every game this year except OU.....did he play much at all? I'm not sure I remember seeing him on the field.

Eight

This is gonna sound like a really dumb question because I watched basically every play of every game this year except OU.....did he play much at all? I'm not sure I remember seeing him on the field.

don't believe he has played and if he has he hasn't registered a tackle or assist

Last edited:

FrogCoach84

I hope Sorrells sticks around and becomes a contributor. He was a big time TCU hype man on social media and seemed like he was genuinely happy to be a Frog and try to bring others into the fold.

Definitely has the talent so hope is able to put it together wherever he ends up....and hopefully that's at The Carter.