• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Froggish

Aren't Indiana and Minnesota decent offers?
Definitely... Both offered after us and Minny has just been going behind us looking for crumbs. In a place like OK (where I live) it’s very unusual for a D1 level recruit not to have an offer from one of the 3 D1 schools in the state or either Kansas school. In a good year, OK will only produce 18-25 D1 football players across the state. That number has improved quite a bit in the last 5 years but It’s just weird to me he doesn’t have a single local offer.

NewFrogFan

Talent will never be an issue at LSU. Your making the assumption that the next guy up at LSU is a no brainer because of his talent level. It’s not. It’s a question mark. Last time I checked, replacing your passing game coordinator/Co-OC, your QB, and damn near double digit draft picks equals quite a bit of question marks regardless of your talent level.

There is no question anyone with a brain would bet on LSU vs TCU. You missed my point.

Your “point” was stupid, and still is. Here is my proof. Brady worked at LSU 1 year, 1 year.

CB Could be Stingley and Ricks, both 5 stars, and Stingley a AA as a true freshman. They both will back in 2021.
S Pick from 5x4 stars and 1, 5 star. 3 of them played a ton.
LB 13 on the roster, 12x4 star, 1 grad transfer that is 2 time 1AA All American
5 of them are 6’3” and 225 or more. Devin White was a 1st round pick in 2019, his replacement, Patrick Queen, another 1st round pick. So the guy next year sees a pattern here?
DL 9x4 star to pick from, many TCU recruited.Throw in 2x3 star, and #2 Juco just for grins.

Qb, The starter will be in his 4th year and had 16k of offense in HS and is 4 star, if not, 2, 4 star behind him and 6’6” 3 star. Remember this time last year everyone said Burrow would never be any good, including every analyst on TV?
RB 1, 5 star, and 3, 4 stars.
WR, Who in the country returns the best WR in the country.....LSU does, and the other guy is a 5 star too. Then there are 7 more to find 1, with them being 1, 5 star, 4, 4 star, AND, wait a minute, there IS some 3 star talent, with 2 guys.
TE I hate to keep using this phrase, but the Gator A POY, is a legit 5 star, if he cant get on the field there are 2x4, AND another 3 star.
Last but certainly not least, 13 OL, Actually the largest ? on the team, but then again it was last year. But, 9/13 are 4 star or better, with 4, 3 star players, one of which has already been a starter.
They had 14 draft picks, tied for the best ever. They have been pumping players to the NFL for years, they replace them, check how many players are in the NFL from LSU. The difference now is a system is in place, and Scott Linehan will replace Joe Brady.

LSU has had the players to compete every year for a long time, they had no system on offense. They just replaced the defensive Co w a guy that has been a HC and won a NC at LSU before. They have the system
in place on offense. No one will forget what they did, especially those most responsible.

Last edited:

NewFrogFan

To be fair... that was a mediocre OU team by their standards, and that LSU team was maybe the best college football team I’ve ever seen

Does not matter what “standards” you use, it was the CFP semi-finals and they were completely blown out of the stadium using anyones standards.

NewFrogFan

steve and lsu without brady against saban at home in 2018 went for 0 points and less than 200 yards.

seem to recall lsu did a bit better last year at bama and i think it was more than just player improvement

So does Ensminger FORGET what worked?How many years has Ensminger coached, you think maybe he is open to doing things that work? Hmmmm, novel concept. You think Saban, who loses coaches and keeps his job, more than any school in the country, is worried about losing his Qb and 2/4 of the best WR in the school? You think??? How many of their players got drafted?

Ron Swanson

Does not matter what “standards” you use, it was the CFP semi-finals and they were completely blown out of the stadium using anyones standards.
No one is debating that. I’m just saying that I don’t think that one game is indicative of the state of the two programs. That was the best LSU team of all-time where everything clicked vs a mediocre OU team.

LSU is a great program and the SEC is definitely a better conference than the Big 12 with more talent, I’m just saying you can’t point to one game like that and say “see”.

Froggish

Your “point” was stupid, and still is. Here is my proof. Brady worked at LSU 1 year, 1 year.

CB Could be Stingley and Ricks, both 5 stars, and Stingley a AA as a true freshman. They both will back in 2021.
S Pick from 5x4 stars and 1, 5 star. 3 of them played a ton.
LB 13 on the roster, 12x4 star, 1 grad transfer that is 2 time 1AA All American
5 of them are 6’3” and 225 or more. Devin White was a 1st round pick in 2019, his replacement, Patrick Queen, another 1st round pick. So the guy next year sees a pattern here?
DL 9x4 star to pick from, many TCU recruited.Throw in 2x3 star, and #2 Juco just for grins.

Qb, The starter will be in his 4th year and had 16k of offense in HS and is 4 star, if not, 2, 4 star behind him and 6’6” 3 star. Remember this time last year everyone said Burrow would never be any good, including every analyst on TV?
RB 1, 5 star, and 3, 4 stars.
WR, Who in the country returns the best WR in the country.....LSU does, and the other guy is a 5 star too. Then there are 7 more to find 1, with them being 1, 5 star, 4, 4 star, AND, wait a minute, there IS some 3 star talent, with 2 guys.
TE I hate to keep using this phrase, but the Gator A POY, is a legit 5 star, if he cant get on the field there are 2x4, AND another 3 star.
Last but certainly not least, 13 OL, Actually the largest ? on the team, but then again it was last year. But, 9/13 are 4 star or better, with 4, 3 star players, one of which has already been a starter.
They had 14 draft picks, tied for the best ever. They have been pumping players to the NFL for years, they replace them, check how many players are in the NFL from LSU. The difference now is a system is in place, and Scott Linehan will replace Joe Brady.

LSU has had the players to compete every year for a long time, they had no system on offense. They just replaced the defensive Co w a guy that has been a HC and won a NC at LSU before. They have the system
in place on offense. No one will forget what they did, especially those most responsible.

Thats a long read to just say you believe talent alone erases all the question marks left by the draft..

When you make the argument that players who have never been starters can just pick up and perform at the level of guys who were drafted you sound like a complete dumbass. Nobody claimed LSU wouldn’t be good next year or they don’t have a stock pile of talent. I simply stated that there are question marks about how well they can replace there production. That’s a question mark regardless of how many 5’stars they have stockpiled.

Finally..Ensminger was thought to be a complete bust by most LSU fans before Brady came along. Linehan will have to hold his hand just like Brady did..Again Questions...

Go back to sleep

Eight

So does Ensminger FORGET what worked?How many years has Ensminger coached, you think maybe he is open to doing things that work? Hmmmm, novel concept. You think Saban, who loses coaches and keeps his job, more than any school in the country, is worried about losing his Qb and 2/4 of the best WR in the school? You think??? How many of their players got drafted?

got the answer i was expecting