• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Froggish

here is to hoping they land at least one grad transfer interior offensive lineman. they simply have to get better in the interior line.

Ive said it 100X but finding productive college RBs and WRs is easy..Unless your a blue blood, finding and building an OL and DL that are anything but big is really hard. We’ve made improvements at tackle with Coker and Garrett but our interior is still FCS quality

Ive said it 100X but finding productive college RBs and WRs is easy..Unless your a blue blood, finding and building an OL and DL that are anything but big is really hard. We’ve made improvements at tackle with Coker and Garrett but our interior is still FCS quality
Good thing we now have an OL coach who is widely recognized for his years of success in identifying and coaching up offensive linemen.:(

Froggish

Good thing we now have an OL coach who is widely recognized for his years of success in identifying and coaching up offensive linemen.:(

Sadly, outside of QB, I don’t think there is an offensive position that is more positively impacted by good coaching than the OL. Technique is coached and it’s the most critical component to solid line play. If size alone was an indicator of being good McKinney and Bolisomi would have been All Americans. Cordell was a guy who with better coaching is probably a draftable OG but instead he’ll probably have to go pro the hard way as a FA

Eight

it is interesting that when you go back and look at the frogs offensive line recruiting they had two great classes.

the 2012 class had vaitai, hunt and collilns and the 2013 class had morris, noteboom, and pryor. mix in austin schlottman from the 2014 class and niang from the 2016 class and you have heart of those 2014-2017 offensive line.

compare those lines with the overall talent in the 2018-19 lines and it isn't even close in terms of talent.

not the sole reason for poor offensive play as the 2016 line started 5 nfl players 9 times on the same line and yet that was a bad offense that year as it ranked in the bottom half of the conference in every major team offensive category that season

CryptoMiner

Another Oregon commit that failed to sign early and in contact. Last minute commit from Justin Flowe may have bumped him also grades may be an issue

Peter Latu LB/FS 6-5/225 Bethel HS WA

Last edited:

Atomic Frawg

why would a lb who punts for his high school team be that enticing?
I think you need to reread my post, and then watch the video. He's 6-5, and he RETURNS punts. If you're that tall and athletic enough to return punts, you're probably going to be a hell of a fast linebacker and pretty potent in GP's system.

Froggish

I think you need to reread my post, and then watch the video. He's 6-5, and he RETURNS punts. If you're that tall and athletic enough to return punts, you're probably going to be a hell of a fast linebacker and pretty potent in GP's system.

No way GP allows that kid to stay at LB..He’d make him a DE in a heart beat.

Eight

he is an olb in some defensive schemes, but a defensive end for the frogs.

biggest concern is the grades which are a big enough concern that washington hasn't offered yet, but they have offered his younger brother.

Froggish

here is to hoping they land at least one grad transfer interior offensive lineman. they simply have to get better in the interior line.

This is how far away we are from competing for a championship. These kids going to the blueblood are on another level. It’s also why I strongly believe we will never compete for a title playing conservative power football. We can’t hold up