• The KillerFrogs

Now Hiring

wilson912

You sound upset. Most Big 12 teams would gladly trade their defense for ours. Most teams in the country would gladly trade their defense for ours.

Would you rather have SMU's defense that is about to give up 60 points on national TV?

Not everything exists in a vacuum.

No one is going to take you seriously around here when you call our most winningest coach in history a brickhead just because Oklahoma State connected on a few big plays today.
Yeeesh

The TCU Football Jerk

You sound upset. Most Big 12 teams would gladly trade their defense for ours. Most teams in the country would gladly trade their defense for ours.

Would you rather have SMU's defense that is about to give up 60 points on national TV?

No one is going to take you seriously around here when you call our most winningest coach in history a brickhead just because Oklahoma State connected on a few big plays today.

It's not just today genius. I'm guessing you like losing seasons. Your reply can't be serious.

4th. down

At the positions that matter - yes

I think they are better at QB simply because their QB is more experienced. They have better offensive lineman and defensive lineman.

I say it all the time in the recruiting threads, you can pile up all the skill position players you want but it doesnt matter if you dont have big guys in the trenches

Not to argue your point LVH but our offensive linemen don't communicate like they use to with the center calling out assignments - how many offensive linemen whiffed their defensive man - I distinctly remember McKinney doing it twice. He was blocking the wrong player who went unblocked on Max for a sack.

With respect to Kansas State, not many Frogs would think they have better talent than TCU.

LVH

One that is more sound and isn’t susceptible to giving up big plays at the worst time.

So you cant even answer the question.

There are 14 defenses better than ours according to the metrics.

So which of those 14 would you rather have?

Or would you rather have a worse defense than ours?

This is why you guys are total idiots. You guys act like we are giving up 700 yards, 70 points every game.

wilson912

This is why you guys are total idiots. You guys act like we are giving up 700 yards, 70 points every game.
I don’t care your metrics Norm. I care about wins and losses. Keep things the way they are-you and Peacefrog can have fun the Armed Forces Bowl annually.

LVH

I don’t care your metrics Norm. I care about wins and losses. Keep things the way they are-you and Peacefrog can have fun the Armed Forces Bowl annually.

But you are saying our defense is why we are so bad. I mean with a 15th ranked defense how much better can it get? Yes there is room to improve but if your defense is ranked 15th nationally then obviously there are more problems beyond the defense.

y2kFrog

Whether it has been -2 or -3 in the turnover battle or only scoring 17 against K State, the offense has done a lot to leave the defense no margin for error. Every mistake they make is magnified knowing the offense is going to struggle making up for it. While this is not GP’s best defense ever, I think it would be more that serviceable is we had a good offense.

LVH

Whether it has been -2 or -3 in the turnover battle or only scoring 17 against K State, the offense has done a lot to leave the defense no margin for error. Every mistake they make is magnified knowing the offense is going to struggle making up for it. While this is not GP’s best defense ever, I think it would be more that serviceable is we had a good offense.

Glad someone gets it. As bad as our defense has looked by TCU standards, its still a Top 15 defense by national standards. Not everything exists in a vacuum. We are so used to having dominating defenses that any time we give up a score its hell on earth around here.

The days of holding 5 straight MWC opponents to 7 points or less are gone. The game is different. Teams give up points and big plays these days. Even teams with traditionally strong defenses like Alabama, Clemson and LSU have been giving up points this year. Relative to other teams, our defense is still playing pretty well. Its just that its magnified because our offense can not make enough plays and we always seem to be playing from behind.

nwlafrog

But you are saying our defense is why we are so bad. I mean with a 15th ranked defense how much better can it get? Yes there is room to improve but if your defense is ranked 15th nationally then obviously there are more problems beyond the defense.
I mean, yeah. Obviously there are other issues, but I find it hard to believe a top 15 defense gives up the yardage on the ground that we did today against an average conference mate. You can argue the stats all you want to. Improvements need to be made on both sides of the ball.

LVH

I mean, yeah. Obviously there are other issues, but I find it hard to believe a top 15 defense gives up the yardage on the ground that we did today against an average conference mate. You can argue the stats all you want to. Improvements need to be made on both sides of the ball.

Read my post above. Everything is relative, nothing exists in a vacuum. We may have given up a lot of yards today and this season, but 115 other teams have given up more. Like I said we are so used to having dominating defenses that no one really knows what truly constitutes a bad defense.

TCURiggs

I'm a "glass half full" guy myself, but your GP support is next-level....

SnoSki

Two years ago, Baylor was 1-11. They are 8-0 right now with an entirely new coaching staff two years ago.
This is why I’m frustrated as a TCU fan. Baylor went from absolutely nothing to 8-0 in 2 seasons. What have we done in that time? Fight tooth and nail for 6 wins,apparently, despite recruiting the best that our program ever has.

Too much loyalty to yes-men and too long of a leash to assistant coaches who don’t produce.

I don’t believe for a second that Rhule has a more talented roster than we do but he surely appears to have developed them better than GP and Co.

flyfishingfrog

That average conference mate has the #1 running back in the country