• The KillerFrogs

Sonny Dykes coaching opportunities

Hemingway

well, he’s 8-0 right now. I can’t imagine him not using this as springboard to greener pastures. Sending smu back down. Tennessee will need a coach, maybe Arkansas too. ACC will have Miami and maybe FSU if taggert loses 2 more games. Okie State if the Mullet moves on.

Any other ideas where this guy lands?

robbroyy

He hated being in Cal and wanted to get back to Texas so I doubt he jumps just anywhere. He may just wait on the next time Tech opens or if Rhule goes to the NFL and leaves Baylor.

robbroyy

well, he’s 8-0 right now. I can’t imagine him not using this as springboard to greener pastures. Sending smu back down. Tennessee will need a coach, maybe Arkansas too. ACC will have Miami and maybe FSU if taggert loses 2 more games. Okie State if the Mullet moves on.

Any other ideas where this guy lands?
Arkansas also is not going to fire one former SMU coach and hire another. Their boosters would lose their mind

netty2424

Arkansas also is not going to fire one former SMU coach and hire another. Their boosters would lose their mind
Talked to an Arky buddy today and they’re ready for Morris to be gone, but said his buyout is so big he’ll probably be there another 3 years.

SuperTFrog

While I tend to agree, Morris was 14-22 at SMU. His record got better every year but his best season was 7-5. That is a totally different coaching profile than Dykes if he takes SMU to an 11-1 season. Still think you are probably right.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
SMU is a well-funded outfit. Plenty of money there to keep Dykes happy for a long time to come. As he "observed" during his time in FW, once you find a good gig, stay there. Chasing the Big Time Job is ultimately a bitter fruit, especially so in the sad days of the Transfer Portal.

Billy Clyde

SMU is a well-funded outfit. Plenty of money there to keep Dykes happy for a long time to come. As he "observed" during his time in FW, once you find a good gig, stay there. Chasing the Big Time Job is ultimately a bitter fruit, especially so in the sad days of the Transfer Portal.

Yep. Who knows what he can turn it into, but it has definite potential. Who knows, maybe even a possibility of P-whatever next time realignment comes around, if he really gets them rolling.
Honestly, I wish we had downsized our stadium to something closer to their size, so we could have sold tickets to actual TCU fans. I'd much rather see 35-40 thousand people in purple than 55-60 thousand in burnt orange or red.

Eight

Yep. Who knows what he can turn it into, but it has definite potential. Who knows, maybe even a possibility of P-whatever next time realignment comes around, if he really gets them rolling.
Honestly, I wish we had downsized our stadium to something closer to their size, so we could have sold tickets to actual TCU fans. I'd much rather see 35-40 thousand people in purple than 55-60 thousand in burnt orange or red.

curious when you have seen 55-60,000 fans wearing red in amon carter?

oh, smu ior houston or memphis or ucf or whomever the next "upcoming" program are not getting invited into a p5 conference

Limp Lizard

curious when you have seen 55-60,000 fans wearing red in amon carter?

oh, smu ior houston or memphis or ucf or whomever the next "upcoming" program are not getting invited into a p5 conference

ACS has never had 60,000 so that is impossible. The Utah game had low 50's for the largest ever and that was nearly all purple. It has been the early 2000's or earlier since we have seen more visiting colors at ACS than purple. However, this may be a new thing and we will see more burnt orange than purple this Saturday, but it would be like 25K orange, not 50K.

If we keep Cumbie, I can see 30K+ crimson when we play OU next year.

MAcFroggy

I was listening to a podcast this week and they speculated Mississippi State if Moorehead takes the Rutgers job.

I actually thought that might be a good fit for him.

But I could also see him sticking around SMU for a while.

Mean Purple

yeah, but how long can he gamble on the transfer portal workin out to get him the players he needs?

Limp Lizard

yeah, but how long can he gamble on the transfer portal workin out to get him the players he needs?
Probably will start by stealing some of our recruits. No longer just leftover 4* and good 3* for us, more like leftover 3* and "good" 2*. Not just out-recruited by Texas, OU and a$m, but by Baylor, SMU, and TT.

Eight

pathway to fill immediate needs that i believe he will continue to use to address specific needs.

dykes understands the potential to his program allowed by the portal and has allocated resources to maximize the benefit to his program.

i think you will also see smu become a much bigger player in the metroplex for that group of quality recruits who might be overlooked, but talented through the hiring of ra'shaad samples and his connections in the area as well as his father's influence.

the frogs have lost ground in the metroplex and when i see what smu has done in recruiting the metroplex with their staff hires with samples, nady, jordan, and hossain compared to the frogs i think sonny is building the type of program that might stay around a bit of time.

frogs9497

Probably will start by stealing some of our recruits. No longer just leftover 4* and good 3* for us, more like leftover 3* and "good" 2*. Not just out-recruited by Texas, OU and a$m, but by Baylor, SMU, and TT.

Limp's posts....

tenor.gif