• The KillerFrogs

WEEK 7 - Other Games Thread

You wrote things like lollygag, passively, and lack of learning ..... none of that has anything to do with talent. You described effort and aptitude (which also infers coaching). I agree we lack the needed levels of all three of those things right now.
I don't think there is a good argument against the premise of what you've said on this topic. The program has more raw talent on the roster than at any point. There are some spots where we're paying the price for some recruiting misses and players who have had injuries keep them from contributing but outside of OU and UT, but we have an overall more talented roster than anyone in the conference. So why have we fallen so far and so fast that we lose to SMU and get dominated on both sides of the ball by Iowa State? I get the feeling that it's a combination of things but the overall talent level of the players on the roster is pretty far down the list.

Last edited:

bc puckett

Question: if a team doesn’t get to play in their conf champ game, can they make it make the CFP? Wondering.
I believe Alabama did
SIAP, but the Iowa unis tonight. . . IDK if that's a throwback, or a completely new design but those are the best-looking football togs I've seen in years.
Really? Always thought yellow was a chicken [ Finebaum ] color. Can’t understand why teams that have classic unis would wear such crap. Interesting that you never see Alabama Clemson LSU etc change unis

Froggish

scheissing Boise just keeps reloading year after year. They're #14 right now.

The G5 schools should get together and give the NCAA the middle finger and start a 16 team playoff. Sale the rights to ESPN. People would watch it and it would be a smart way to beat the P5 to it.

bc puckett

The G5 schools should get together and give the NCAA the middle finger and start a 16 team playoff. Sale the rights to ESPN. People would watch it and it would be a smart way to beat the P5 to it.
Good idea but there aren’t 16 G5 schools who would belong in a playoff. There’s probably only 5 or 6 G5 schools who could beat North Dakota State

Billy Clyde

You wrote things like lollygag, passively, and lack of learning ..... none of that has anything to do with talent. You described effort and aptitude (which also infers coaching). I agree we lack the needed levels of all three of those things right now.
I believe Alabama did

Really? Always thought yellow was a chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] color. Can’t understand why teams that have classic unis would wear such crap. Interesting that you never see Alabama Clemson LSU etc change unis

Lol, might be time to start drinking water, with just water in it. You just criticized the color you praised in the same paragraph.