• The KillerFrogs

Looking ahead to next week and at Iowa State

ThisIsOurTime

Not taking anything away from the win today but I am posting this now as I am likely to forget tomorrow. A few things to look for in next Saturday's game:

1. We will be playing on the road in most likely poor conditions. The weather forecast suggests a temperature in the 50s but also 45+% chance of rain throughout. This will be a big challenge for our team especially since our last time at Ames went poorly for us as we did not adjust to the cold weather. The team should be ready to play with a wet ball this go around.

2. Duggan is from Iowa so I don't know how that will translate. Maybe he will be far more used to throwing in these conditions and it will just be the receivers that need to adjust. Or maybe he will need to rise to the occasion too. Either way, they need to be ready to throw and catch a wet, cold ball.

3. TCU probably will go more heavy in the run game next Saturday to compensate for the sluggish weather. For this reason, Cumbie may want to bring some extra wrinkles on how to spur on the running game. I could see us go more with the Wild Frog or Delton in this one as a result. Also, the TE passing game and short yardage passing game will probably also be more important as the deep ball may be a higher risk play than usual.

4. TCU does have a bye week after this one so they should feel comfortable knowing they can rest up some players after this one.

5. This game is a big one for us to see how we respond after this win. I would normally be a little worried about a letdown but am hoping the inclement weather will keep the team focused.

ThisIsOurTime

50 isn’t cold. You’re making it sound like they are going to be in Green Bay in January.
If you have been playing in weather that is 90+ degrees, that is a drop of 30 to 40 degrees and you are dealing with the rain too. That is quite a change and would certainly feel cold to a bunch of Texas boys. Go back and watch Kenny Hill perform in the last game at Ames before saying we will adjust so easily.

ThisIsOurTime

50 is cold! And if it’s raining it’s unbearable!! Give me 100 over 50 anyday......unless I’m playing golf!!
You're telling me. Right now, if I work out in the yard in the 90+ degree heat and come back into my air conditioned home set at 70 degrees, I have to put a jacket on for a while to adjust. And that is just like a 20 degree difference.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Let me be more clear. I didn’t say anything about any other weather condition except that 50 isn’t cold. Is it cold if you are sitting in the stands? Mildly so. Is it cold if you are running around in full gear playing a football game? Not at all. At 50 degrees your hands aren’t getting stiff from the cold even in the rain. Will rain change things? Of course. It does that at 90 degrees. But 50 is basically perfect football weather. 1000 times better to play in than that heat they experienced today.

50 isn’t cold. I stand by it. Regardless of your cartoons.

LVH

I dont really see any playmakers for Iowa State on offense. What worries me though is how badly we get burned by:

1. Jump balls(KU's 1st touchdown today set up by one)

2. Guys out of position(KU"s 1st touchdown today due to linebackers out of position)

As long as we stick to our defensive assignments and dont let jump balls get completed, no reason our defense cant have a good day.

Offensively it will be a challenge. Run the ball, dont turn it over and see what happens.

Latest posts