• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘A lot of people in red and blue.’ TCU’s Patterson not happy with crowd for SMU game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘A lot of people in red and blue.’ TCU’s Patterson not happy with crowd for SMU game

By Drew Davison

TCU coach Gary Patterson expressed disappointment in the home crowd during Saturday’s 41-38 loss to crosstown rival SMU at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

“To be honest with you, the crowd left after halftime,” Patterson said. “They want us to come back and win, but I was not very happy with the crowd at halftime. I saw a lot of people in red and blue that were down lower than what they should have been. So I asked that question, ‘How they got there?’”

TCU has been making a conscious effort to boost home-field advantage this season. The university started selling beer to the masses at football games, eliminating its once popular in-and-out policy.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article235441437.html#storylink=cpy

It really wasn't a lot of red and blue it was like 30 people all huddled, but in the student section making a lot of noise. I barely saw any SMU people at that game. Just the people wearing purple didn't have much to scream and cheer about and those 30 students from SMU did.

MTfrog5

Ridiculous

If you don’t want visiting fans coming to the games, try beating their teams so bad they don’t want to come back.

After Saturday’s lousy performance, I’m sure more SMU fans will come in 2 years. They had a great time.
They won’t

WIN

Hope Patterson noticed worst things about Saturday than the crowd. More improtant, hope he is doing as much about them.

Big Frog II

Being behind 31-17 at half in 95 degree weather by a team we were favored by 10 over will run off a bunch of fans.

If we had played the entire game like we should have their fans would have been back in Dallas by the start of the 4th quarter.

That being said these day games in September are going to run off thousands of season ticket holders because they are going to start buying just the tickets for the games they want to see and blow off games like ARK PB and day games played in 90+ degree heat.

netty2424

It really wasn't a lot of red and blue it was like 30 people all huddled, but in the student section making a lot of noise. I barely saw any SMU people at that game. Just the people wearing purple didn't have much to scream and cheer about and those 30 students from SMU did.
There were more SMU fans at that game than all season last year in Dallas. There were plenty. They showed up by their standards.

Tumbleweed

A few years ago I remember standing in pouring rain and watching TCU and SMU in Dallas. The east side of the stadium was mostly full Gary of Frogs while he west side was mostly empty of SMU fans.

Gary has thought about the negative reaction he received from Frog fans re: the coaching of SMU game. Now....he lashes out at the fans. .....Probably feels better now.

Forget about the SMU game and plan an offense that is creative, effective and not a game where you cringe in frustration. BTW I'm a Max Duggan fan but he deserves help from someone who knows how to help.