• The KillerFrogs

Report on the Houston Coaches Event last night?

McFroggin

My take away:

Hoping for a year without the injury bug.

Young players show promise, but it’s too early to know much.

Other than Reagor, everyone is competing to start on O.

Excited to get players back from injury, but half the QB’s are still battling injury.

Defense looking tough.

The team does better with butts in seats.

Yay TCU Football!

netty2424

My take away:

Excited to get players back from injury, but half the QB’s are still battling injury.

Defense looking tough.

Yay TCU Football!
Tired of hearing about injuries. Burn some sage or something and move on.

Wexahu

Tired of hearing about injuries. Burn some sage or something and move on.

Me too. It's starting to sound a little too much like excuses. Last year our injury situation was embellished IMO. I mean, we had some injuries, quite a few, but the numbers like 30+ players that was being floated around was ridiculous and not close to really being representative of how many injuries we had. Don't see any need for that unless you're just fishing for excuses.

Froggish

My take away:

Defense looking tough.

Yay TCU Football!

Did he really say the defense is looking tough? That’s not a typical GP like thing for him to say

Hell Sent Frog

My take away:

Defense looking tough.

Yay TCU Football!

Gary himself could help with the butts in the seats by making sure the first game against APB is in the evening and not during the day like the game against Southern last year. It had to be the hottest day of the year when we played our first game last season. He said he wanted the game early so he could spend the remainder of the day watching film and scouting SMU who we played the following Friday. It was miserable!

Purp

Gary himself could help with the butts in the seats by making sure the first game against APB is in the evening and not during the day like the game against Southern last year. It had to be the hottest day of the year out there last time. He said he wanted the game early so he could spend the remainder of the day to watch film and scout SMU who we played the following Friday. It was miserable!
IIRC it was an 11am kickoff and was much cooler at 11am than it was at 6pm. Night games are great, but they aren't that much cooler than 11am games the first week of September. Add in that the tailgate from 7am to kickoff is far cooler than the tailgate from 1pm to 6pm, the team gets extra hours to recover while coaches get more time to prepare, and you get home in time to watch the prime time games on TV and it's an immensely better fan experience IMO. I hope all of our weak non-con games are the 11am type.