• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

TCUdirtbag

Star-Telegram hasn’t updated their story on the team meeting, and the story headline, from an hour or so ago.

“One person who attended the meeting put it this way, ‘He didn’t say nothing about coming back or leaving.’”

If he had the meeting today and didn’t say anything, I guess this thing may drag out for a while (ie, days).

giphy.gif

robbroyy

I take this to mean, if he is coming back, it's because either UCLA won't take him or they can't negotiate the buyout. You don't meet with the team and not get them fired up by saying you're coming back unless it's not your decision to make.

Frog Island

ADJD needs to step in here. This is getting embarrassing. Program is completely teetering here and Dixon is making it worse. Hold a "team" meeting and they are still in the dark? Doesn't even address it while that's the only thing everyone is talking about in respect to the bball program. He needs to take his happy ass to westwood

TCUdirtbag

The longer it drags the less likely it is to happen. IMO

I kinda think the opposite at this point, but I guess we are all spitballing.

My gut says if you’re going to close the deal, you punt the meeting a day or two. If you’re not, you have the meeting, stay mum, and let your agent negotiate a modest extension and raise with Donati.

My gut also says pizza and all the beer I want is good for me. So take that 2 cents for what little it’s worth.

Moose Stuff

ADJD needs to step in here. This is getting embarrassing. Program is completely teetering here and Dixon is making it worse. Hold a "team" meeting and they are still in the dark? Doesn't even address it while that's the only thing everyone is talking about in respect to the bball program. He needs to take his happy ass to westwood. GFTOH!!!

Rational reaction.

TCUdirtbag

ADJD needs to step in here. This is getting embarrassing. Program is completely teetering here and Dixon is making it worse. Hold a "team" meeting and they are still in the dark? Doesn't even address it while that's the only thing everyone is talking about in respect to the bball program. He needs to take his happy ass to westwood. GFTOH!!!

Not sure I buy that this is embarrassing for TCU. For UCLA, however.....

Overreaction IMO.

Zubaz

ADJD needs to step in here. This is getting embarrassing. Program is completely teetering here and Dixon is making it worse. Hold a "team" meeting and they are still in the dark? Doesn't even address it while that's the only thing everyone is talking about in respect to the bball program. He needs to take his happy ass to westwood.
What would you like our AD to do? We somewhere between negotiating a release and negotiating him to stay, and you want him to Leroy Jenkins the thing and go public with the negotiations? That would be the worst of both worlds.

Frog Island

What would you like our AD to do? We somewhere between negotiating a release and negotiating him to stay, and you want him to Leroy Jenkins the thing and go public with the negotiations? That would be the worst of both worlds.

I know coaches look at other jobs all the time. It's a business. But how this is playing out is a complete mess and Dixon totally ignoring it now with his players and staff is disrespectful. How ADJD should handle it? No idea, but that's what he's paid to do. If this guy drags this out, it could have very damaging repercussions to the roster and program next year.

robbroyy

I'd put it at 75-25 he's now negotiating extension and raise with ADJD. Doesn't want to announce he's staying because then he loses leverage.

I could be wrong, but it'd be very odd to have an exit meeting and then 24-48 hours later have another meeting to say you're leaving.

Otherwise he could have postponed today's meeting by being upfront with the team and saying he's waiting until everything is settled before meeting with them.

frogs9497

ADJD needs to step in here. This is getting embarrassing. Program is completely teetering here and Dixon is making it worse. Hold a "team" meeting and they are still in the dark? Doesn't even address it while that's the only thing everyone is talking about in respect to the bball program. He needs to take his happy ass to westwood.

WTH does it mean?

Eight

The roster isn’t a real mess unless he leaves. That’s when we will be fighting for scraps.

the roster is a mess whether dixon is here as you have a team with one proven big period. and every recruit is 6'6" or shorter.

barlow is an unknown who looked overmatched at times and and who knows about lat. if noi is truly gone does anyone expect lat to stay around after both cousins have left tcu?

Latest posts