• The KillerFrogs

Uhhh...Dixon to UCLA rumor/ news

fff91

Dawkins is a classy guy and classy coach but his body of work does not in my view suggest he is the right candidate. It is true they played out of their minds against Duke but it was an outlier performance.

Rose Bowl

Get 4-5 MM in the buyout and then identify guys you want and get it done. If Jamie wants to leave I wish him well and don’t let the door hit you in the backside on the way out.

Zubaz

You collect the buy out so you can go buy someone else out of their contract. That’s how it works. You don’t just say “oh you want to scheiss us? Please have it your way!” TCU is going to need that money.
I don't know why, but these buyouts always seem to be starting points in negotiations rather than firm numbers that must be paid. I think about our deal with the Big East, WVU's too, where those buyouts weren't paid in full.

Perhaps some our legal friends can clue us in to why that is.

jake102

I don't know why, but these buyouts always seem to be starting points in negotiations rather than firm numbers that must be paid. I think about our deal with the Big East, WVU's too, where those buyouts weren't paid in full.

I wonder if it's a competitive deal where the "market" is that buy-outs don't get paid in full, and thus, if TCU were to demand full payment we would be outside of "market" terms. And being out of "market" may then make it more difficult to attract top tier coaches.

PO Frog

Because by the time you've litigated about it you end up netting (see what I did there?) a similar amount at the end of the day without even factoring in the bad blood and headache of dealing with something that gets drawn out. Plus, nobody wants a coach that is bitter and stuck and prevented from moving on, so there is some leverage that the new team can hold against the old team.

netty2424

The buy outs are hollow if both parties agree to renegotiate. But ADJD has the leverage if he wants it. Up to him and the rest of the TCU brass really.

PO Frog

I guess the question is..... why litigate? Why would TCU even need to call a lawyer?
Is TCU going to force them to pay at gunpoint? He isn't a slave so he is welcome to go work at UCLA whenever he pleases. The only questions are will it be a breach of contract and what are TCU's damages? In order to recover on a breach of contract, you generally need to sue the breaching party...

jake102

Is TCU going to force them to pay at gunpoint? He isn't a slave so he is welcome to go work at UCLA whenever he pleases. The only questions are will it be a breach of contract and what are TCU's damages? In order to recover on a breach of contract, you generally need to sue the breaching party...

Slam dunk breach of contract, no questions asked. I mean, I'm assuming a halfway literate lawyer wrote the contract in the first place.

Eight

The buy outs are hollow if both parties agree to renegotiate. But ADJD has the leverage if he wants it. Up to him and the rest of the TCU brass really.

obtained secret footage of adjd heading to meet with dixon's representation

dr_strangelove2_900x507_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg