• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

flyfishingfrog

Now I'm going to sound like Moose and piss people off. I don't think it's really a 5' platform. It looks like it's belly button high so I could maybe see 4', but definitely not 5'. Probably closer to 3' 6" is what it looks like to me.

I'm still impressed by a 300+ lb. kid doing that, though. Just not as much as I would be by 5'.
Think you probably need to stop the video right before he jumps when his knees are bent about 30 degrees and the platform is shoulder high - and remember how tall he is standing straight up

Or maybe just count the empty holes for the rungs below the platform and how far apart each is - then do some basic math

Eight

cue the mandatory math responses and gif's

giphy.gif

Eight

Also who are the returnees

that we know of?

mathis and bowen, rumor was that gary overshown was leaving, but he still is on the roster unlike dennis collins and there is a walk on transfer from mary hardin baylor named christian applewhite.

you could also see someone slide back out from d-tackle like lj collier, but i don't think we see that until the spring.

MinFrog

on paper the depth looks solid inside, but we all know how fast that can go away

big ross over the center frees corey to slide over and i think after last season we could see bethley really do some work inside next year.

question then is who gets the reps as the #3 and 4 guys inside. time for george to step up or get passed, like that misi is on campus and i think the can be the guy to provide a bigger body behind ross.

never understood why karter was only a 3-star, but screw it. i agree he shows a number of traits that he could provide some quality snaps inside.

that leaves cooper and filikitonga. will be interesting how they progress over the next 7 months.

i don't love the 3 man front, but i am curious if when gary goes to that do we see a player like cooper, filikionga slide out to the 5 technique and play head up over the tackle where that size helps.

I am ok with a three man front as long as those three combine for at least 850 pounds.

Froggish

Not disagreeing with you about Carter, but Cooper is a DT all the way IMO, I don't think him sliding over for DE reps is a real viable option. I like the 4-headed monster of Blacklock, Bethley, Cooper and Carter at DT and then try and make something work at DE with the other guys.
Your probably right on Cooper..He just looked overmatched on the inside..He was young though..

Froggish

on paper the depth looks solid inside, but we all know how fast that can go away

big ross over the center frees corey to slide over and i think after last season we could see bethley really do some work inside next year.

question then is who gets the reps as the #3 and 4 guys inside. time for george to step up or get passed, like that misi is on campus and i think the can be the guy to provide a bigger body behind ross.

never understood why karter was only a 3-star, but screw it. i agree he shows a number of traits that he could provide some quality snaps inside.

that leaves cooper and filikitonga. will be interesting how they progress over the next 7 months.

i don't love the 3 man front, but i am curious if when gary goes to that do we see a player like cooper, filikionga slide out to the 5 technique and play head up over the tackle where that size helps.

Got to give the staff credit...It’s been a while, if ever, that we’ve had this much depth on the DL/OL...We have options now we just need them to maximize their talent..

Froggish

That 3 man front was so hit or miss. He went to it on 3rd and long and It’s supposed to force the Offense into throwing underneath but it really only worked if you could keep the QB in the pocket. The QB scramble for a first where every damn defender has their head turned way from the QB was frustrating

Joe2001

Darwin’s family wants him to go play football at USC or Minnesota. TCU does not have Darwin Barlow’s family support. Mom would love for her son to choose USC or Minnesota. This is the reality of the situation.

SuperTFrog

Darwin’s family wants him to go play football at USC or Minnesota. TCU does not have Darwin Barlow’s family support. Mom would love for her son to choose USC or Minnesota. This is the reality of the situation.
If that is true he probably isnt coming here. How many times does a commit go where nobody in his family supports?

Moose Stuff

If there’s anything a mom wants it’s for her son to be FURTHER away from home. It’s unbelievable how you’re able to post the exact opposite of what is getting posted by the moderator on the other board. And oddly enough on the same day he posts his updates.

froginmn

Asked before, did they visit Fleck's house on the river in St Paul? It's supposedly a spot where they close the deal with many recruits.