• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports ranks 2019 bowls worst to first...

Pharm Frog

Excellent find...for those too lazy to click I was not expecting this at all

1. Cheez-It -- TCU 10, California 7 OT: Yes, that's right. My No. 1 bowl game this season featured 17 points and nine turnovers. Believe me, this was not a pretty game. It was not a well-played game. In fact, I'm confident both Gary Patterson and Justin Wilcox will burn the tape and move on to prepare for next season rather than go over what went wrong. But in spite of all that, it was great. There were so many moments in this game where you were openly announcing to yourself, or a crowded room, "What the f--- was that!?" If you were watching this game in a bar or alongside thousands of your closest friends on Twitter, it wasn't just a game but a social event. Twenty years from now, you won't remember most things from the 2018 college football bowl season, but I guarantee you'll remember watching the Cheez-It Bowl. Just beautifully bad football. A cult classic. Five stars. If they ever make it into a movie, both The Rock and Jason Statham will be in it.

Moose Stuff

Excellent find...for those too lazy to click I was not expecting this at all

1. Cheez-It -- TCU 10, California 7 OT: Yes, that's right. My No. 1 bowl game this season featured 17 points and nine turnovers. Believe me, this was not a pretty game. It was not a well-played game. In fact, I'm confident both Gary Patterson and Justin Wilcox will burn the tape and move on to prepare for next season rather than go over what went wrong. But in spite of all that, it was great. There were so many moments in this game where you were openly announcing to yourself, or a crowded room, "What the f--- was that!?" If you were watching this game in a bar or alongside thousands of your closest friends on Twitter, it wasn't just a game but a social event. Twenty years from now, you won't remember most things from the 2018 college football bowl season, but I guarantee you'll remember watching the Cheez-It Bowl. Just beautifully bad football. A cult classic. Five stars. If they ever make it into a movie, both The Rock and Jason Statham will be in it.

Hahaha..... I found the game oddly enjoyable as well.

froginmn

Explaining how our bowl game went is a lot more fun than if we had won a basic 24-17 game. I get to talk about two illegal forward pass interceptions, a SID tripping over the yardage marker, us icing our own kicker,...

Paint It Purple

I described the game to friends that didn’t see it as awful, but entertaining. Certainly had drama and plenty of crazy, ridiculous, and frustrating moments. I’ve seen thousands of good football games that I can’t remember a single play. I’ll remember this game.

Pharm Frog

BU can't even beat us at this ranking....clearly we had the highest upside movement from pre-bowls prediction as he had the Cheez It Bowl as his 35th best bowl coming in.

2. Texas -- Baylor 45, Vanderbilt 38: Clearly, I did not see this game coming. I had the Texas Bowl ranked at No. 29 in my pre-bowl rankings because I thought it would be somewhat of a sluggish affair. It was not. These two teams combined for 1,241 yards of offense, 11 touchdowns and 83 points. This was everything you want from a bowl game. It was fun, exciting and close. These kind of games were few and far between in 2018, so I'm thankful to both Baylor and Vanderbilt for providing us with it. (29)

lowfrog

Sounds like Kellogg (the company behind Cheez-Its) is getting quite a bit of mileage out of their sponsorship of this bowl. Pictures of TCU players pouring large quantities of Cheez-Its into their mouths make everyone smile. Plus how cool is it that next year in ACS you can look up at the list of bowls TCU football has been to and one of them is: Cheez-It Bowl. Kellogg's also makes Pringles, Cheetos, Pop Tarts, and Goldfish. All have the potential of being great bowl names.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Sounds like Kellogg (the company behind Cheez-Its) is getting quite a bit of mileage out of their sponsorship of this bowl. Pictures of TCU players pouring large quantities of Cheez-Its into their mouths make everyone smile. Plus how cool is it that next year in ACS you can look up at the list of bowls TCU football has been to and one of them is: Cheez-It Bowl. Kellogg's also makes Pringles, Cheetos, Pop Tarts, and Goldfish. All have the potential of being great bowl names.
The Goldfish Bowl?
Love it.

jake102

TCU pretty much only plays in highly entertaining, bizarre bowl games these days.

2016 loss to Georgia withstanding. Can’t remember any of that game to be honest.

2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018 have been classics

Wexahu

Outliers are always fun. Any time a QB can throw for 28 yards and 4 interceptions and win the game, you probably witnessed something you may never see again. There’s definitely something to be said for that. Who wants to watch another 35-31 snooze fest.