• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

LisaLT

If Gary pulls the rabbit out of his hat and gets Bama's Jalen Hurts as the transfer non-juco he said he wanted, could Hurts start in 2019? If so, put me down for TCU winning the next national championship with our softer 2019 schedule, the legit defense coming back, and OU and Okie State both breaking in a new QB.
That sounds like a nice fantasy. Can’t image Hurts ending up at TCU.

Robinson has the ability to be a great QB. Sad to see him leave. But best of luck. The Rogers era is coming. Collins is still a fantastic QB.

I want the OL to grow up and develop depth, then TCU will have no worries about this transfer. QB position has elite talent. Just needs to be protected then championships can take place.

FrogLifeYo

As for Hurts...If he we’re to transfer look for him to be followed by every damn coach in the USA..The courting process for him is going to be off he chart.

I do recall about a month ago I was listening to local sports radio in Oklahoma and the OU insider guys were all over the “guy for TCU throwing in warm ups”. They were talking about JR who they said had a very impressive arm and look to him...

GetToTheQB

I do not know how many players we need to have decommit/ transfer, how many more stats about our offensive inability we need to see, or what else needs to happen to realize there is a problem with retaining and catering to talent in this program. Just simply do not.

GetToTheQB

Robinson has the ability to be a great QB. Sad to see him leave. But best of luck. The Rogers era is coming. Collins is still a fantastic QB.

I want the OL to grow up and develop depth, then TCU will have no worries about this transfer. QB position has elite talent. Just needs to be protected then championships can take place.

What did you see from collins that earns him the reputation as a "fantastic QB"? just interested to hear this

East Coast

Tier 1
Good Luck to SR. Who knows what he would have been if he had not been playing hurt. Whatever we do, you always want 4 scholarship QB’s on your roster. Leaves an opening for someone to come in, transfer or otherwise.

gdu

I do not know how many players we need to have decommit/ transfer, how many more stats about our offensive inability we need to see, or what else needs to happen to realize there is a problem with retaining and catering to talent in this program. Just simply do not.
Have you ever posted anything positive?

Moose Stuff

Literally every program in country deals with transfers and decommits.

Eight

for clarification sake or you saying not enough is being done to cater/retain talent in the program or are you saying too much is being done to cater/retain talent?

Farmfrog

I wish SR all good things going forward and know he will land on his feet.

As for the qb situation next year it depends on what we expect the team to be. If we expect to struggle with a unfriendly conference schedule then I think Collins is our guy. On the other hand if we believe we can be very good then I hope that JR is healthy because he has way more potential than any guy we have.

It will be interesting to watch how the qb battle plays out and whoever wins will tell me what the coaches think about this team.