• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

Punter1

I'm so fine with rolling with Collins, Max and Justin. All three I'd rather see play then SR. I think this move helps us 100x more then it hurts us. Clears the way for Max and JR to see the field earlier.

SR was a turnover waiting to happen and I dont think, for all his potential, that quality was going to be correctable.

BABYFACE

This one doesn’t surprise me. I think he knew if he didn’t turn around his play pertaining to protecting the ball and reading the defense better going into next season, Collins, Rogers or Duggan was going to step up. I think we also knew that it was likely that one of the QB’s was going to transfer out of the 4.

Sometimes, it is better for a fresh start elsewhere. I wish him a full recovery and that he finds success.

TX_Krötenechse

Collins with a healthy Rogers pushing him and Duggan RS next season is an enviable QB position. Shawn is a great kid and I hope he does well, but IMO he was not going to start next season and isn’t really all that much more experienced than Collins, who outperformed him on the field in any case.

Rogers and Duggan have sky high potential, higher than Collins, but Collins is a solid, reliable QB. I have zero qualms with him leading the team next season, or with him backing up one of the younger guys should it come to that.

4th. down

This one doesn’t surprise me. I think he knew if he didn’t turn around his play pertaining to protecting the ball and reading the defense better going into next season, Collins, Rogers or Duggan was going to step up. I think we also knew that it was likely that one of the QB’s was going to transfer out of the 4.

Sometimes, it is better for a fresh start elsewhere. I wish him a full recovery and that he finds success.

Well, Mayfield and Murray did. Believe Shawn and his parents evaluated the situation and made their decision. Cannot blame them, who wants to ride the bench? Also, it's possible that Rogers is progressing in his recovery and by springtime, it would get real dicey on who would be the starter coming out of spring ball. Shawn just made a calculated decision and we wish him well.

LeagueCityFrog

If Gary pulls the rabbit out of his hat and gets Bama's Jalen Hurts as the transfer non-juco he said he wanted, could Hurts start in 2019? If so, put me down for TCU winning the next national championship with our softer 2019 schedule, the legit defense coming back, and OU and Okie State both breaking in a new QB.

CountryFrog

I feel badly for Shawn that he didn't have more success and that he ended up needing surgery. He seems like a terrific young man and really tough. He gave it his all this year even if it didn't work out for him. I wish he was staying, but as others have said, it's been inevitable that we weren't keeping all these QBs.

I wish him all the best. TCU will be fine.

Wexahu

If Gary pulls the rabbit out of his hat and gets Bama's Jalen Hurts as the transfer non-juco he said he wanted, could Hurts start in 2019? If so, put me down for TCU winning the next national championship with our softer 2019 schedule, the legit defense coming back, and OU and Okie State both breaking in a new QB.

Tap the brakes. I can’t tell if this is serious.

FrogLifeYo

Wish him well but we are going to be just fine..Collins has one more year to go I believe and from there we could potentially hit on a 3 year starter in JR or MD...The future is still incredible at the QB position

Benny

Do we have confirmation of this? Or is someone just posting a rumor? I wish everyone would hold their opinion on the kid until this is confirmed.