• The KillerFrogs

If I were Gary...

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I’d dump the entire offensive staff and start over

The scheme sucks. Receivers cannot get separation. The O-line should be playing better as a unit by the 11th game

It’s a bad year but most of our injuries have occurred on defense, not offense yet the defense plays hard every down and keeps us in the game as long as they can.

Shake it up Gary. You’re paid too much to let all this down

Froginbedford

Got flamed here a couple of weeks ago for using the "r" word....But my statement was that "r" was the only graceful way out...all the criticism from both sides...the player behavior problems...being retained...being fired...nothing graceful in those scenarios....Be careful of your vocabulary...my screen is still smoking from the pushback...even told to never post again....

flyfishingfrog

Got flamed here a couple of weeks ago for using the "r" word....But my statement was that "r" was the only graceful way out...all the criticism from both sides...the player behavior problems...being retained...being fired...nothing graceful in those scenarios....Be careful of your vocabulary...my screen is still smoking from the pushback...even told to never post again....
you should have taken that advice...

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
GP has one bad season and you want him to retire? Seriously, that is crazy talk. How does one even justify it based on all the success he has had at TCU? If he has three bad seasons in a row, then this discussion is appropriate at that point.

12 was bad, 13 bad, 16 bad, 18 bad, and he isn’t getting any younger, look it’s been a great run, he gets another year if he wants it of course, I am saying there might be someone else on the face of the planet better to lead this program into the future

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
12 was bad, 13 bad, 16 bad, 18 bad, and he isn’t getting any younger, look it’s been a great run, he gets another year if he wants it of course, I am saying there might be someone else on the face of the planet better to lead this program into the future
It’s not time for him to go and if he did, who would replace him and yield better results?

He’ll do what he has to do

I wouldn't make drastic changes. I'd start by recognizing with the injuries, suspensions, and inexperienced offensive line, this was going to be a tough season. The key will be with figuring out how to get the mojo back. Turning over a new leaf with all new coaches is a good thing when you have a bad year, but it can also set you back. I'd encourage some changes, but probably keep Cumbie. He has a track record that probably should be acknowledged. Making some assistant coach changes seems reasonable to turn over a new leaf.

FrogLifeYo

I wouldn't make drastic changes. I'd start by recognizing with the injuries, suspensions, and inexperienced offensive line, this was going to be a tough season. The key will be with figuring out how to get the mojo back. Turning over a new leaf with all new coaches is a good thing when you have a bad year, but it can also set you back. I'd encourage some changes, but probably keep Cumbie. He has a track record that probably should be acknowledged. Making some assistant coach changes seems reasonable to turn over a new leaf.
Tell me more about Cumbies track record..He is now in his second year of play calling in his entire career. The track seems awfully small

Limey Frog

If you were Lincoln Riley you would.

If you were Gary, you'd move everyone to a different position group and hope they magically figure out how to coach.

Gary's staff is an interesting case study in what happens when no one ever leaves your organization unless they get hired away on account of their ability and competence. He now appears to be a kind-hearted defensive genius surrounded by vastly less capable hangers-on.

PO Frog

Besides Cross, Glasgow, and Schultz (lol) getting hired into a promotion, I can’t think of a ton of coaches that have gone on to better jobs. And none that I can think of that have gone on to success. Fuente I guess would be the exception.