• The KillerFrogs

UT dad goes crazy

That's....quite a few leaps you guys made there.
I'm just saying that this didn't happen in a vacuum. All we saw was a completely pissed off guy, and some young dudes talking back, with the guy shouting "you want to F--- with me? you want to F--- with me?" So obviously, the young dudes did something to piss him off, and it couldn't have been cross-team talk, because they were both wearing orange.

Most on here assumed he was drunk, but there's no proof of that. Old guy had pretty good reflexes, so he couldn't have been that drunk.

So my conclusion, based on what I saw, was that the young dudes were talking smack, and one of them faced reality the hard way. That's how I see it.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Don't know the situation but...

If I start [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] and get my ass kicked, then sue for said ass kicking, I'm a giant [ muschi ].
Sue yes, I agree, but that's not what I mean. It's a DA decision whether to criminally charge, assuming it is reported. To me, this was a clear assault.

Chongo94

I'm just saying that this didn't happen in a vacuum. All we saw was a completely pissed off guy, and some young dudes talking back, with the guy shouting "you want to F--- with me? you want to F--- with me?" So obviously, the young dudes did something to piss him off, and it couldn't have been cross-team talk, because they were both wearing orange.

Most on here assumed he was drunk, but there's no proof of that. Old guy had pretty good reflexes, so he couldn't have been that drunk.

So my conclusion, based on what I saw, was that the young dudes were talking smack, and one of them faced reality the hard way. That's how I see it.

I believe, as it was certainly my perceived assertion, that most assumed the kid was drunk, not the old guy.

Kids probably did do something to bring about the ire, but doing something inside a stadium such as the old guy did is not the place to do so. And I’d like to see old dude try that in a straight up stand up fight rather than without the kid knowing pulling him down with the help of gravity and wailing on him.

Zubaz

1) I saw a very angry man punching a young adult. That's a pretty good indication of intoxication (or some very serious anger management issues).
2) I have no doubt "the young dudes did something to piss him off", that's pretty obvious. The question is whether whatever it is they said or did was enough to justify that dude's battery and violence. No indication of that either way, certainly not enough to take the leap of "that kid probably deserved it"
3) No (sober) adult should think you get to punch someone in the face just because they are annoying you.

Chongo94

Oh. Well that reinforces my position even further.

I get what you’re saying and I’m usually for people getting their just desserts especially in this day and age when they deserve it, just don’t think this guy should’ve done it in a stadium with lots of innocents around. Just my opinion.

BUT hopefully these drunk jabberjaws learned their lesson now after this.

Moose Stuff

I hope to god he WAS drunk. You’d have to intentionally hurt one of my kids to make me THAT mad and even then I’m not gonna be dropping loud MFers all over the place.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I don’t like government.
Me neither RT, I'm half a libertarian.

Unfortunately I don't think we can go back to the old west. I mean, I can see dozens of circumstances where I will gladly risk a class B misdemeanor to give someone a punch they deserve. And it's a fair deal - they get what's coming, and I accept the virtual slap on the wrist. It all works out. But what I can't do is punch the guy then complain I shouldn't face consequences myself because he deserved it.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

Unfortunately I don't think we can go back to the old west. I mean, I can see dozens of circumstances where I will gladly risk a class B misdemeanor to give someone a punch they deserve. And it's a fair deal - they get what's coming, and I accept the virtual slap on the wrist. It all works out. But what I can't do is punch the guy then complain I shouldn't face consequences myself because he deserved it.
I hear you.

I have a female friend that once slapped a dude in the face for doing something ungentlemanly, forgot what it was. You know, typical woman slaps a guy thing.

This guy turns out to be a huge poon and filed a police report, but he didn't press charges. But the DA decided to. To me, that's scheissed up.

If he wanted to press charges, that's one thing. But also, why bother filing a report and decide not to press charges?

BABYFACE

Saw an middle aged guy (my age) and a younger guy(18-22) jawing at each other but smiling after the Southern game on the concourse as I approached. He then snatched the ball cap of younger guy’s head. I was about to tell the older guy to let it go as I neared, but as I got close, I got the impression they knew each other and were just messing with each other.

Got about five steps past them and heard the commotion erupt. I turned around and young dude throws his drink on the older guy. Older guy turns to grab the younger guy, but younger runs off. Middle aged guy was a big guy and probably would have smoked younger.

I get what you’re saying and I’m usually for people getting their just desserts especially in this day and age when they deserve it, just don’t think this guy should’ve done it in a stadium with lots of innocents around. Just my opinion.

BUT hopefully these drunk jabberjaws learned their lesson now after this.
And I agree wholeheartedly with you. This incident should not have happened, especially in a crowded stadium, and it is a shame that it did.

My point is that if you poke a bear with a stick, it might smash your skull. That is reality. So don't poke a bear. Obviously the young dudes thought they could say whatever crap they wished without any consequences. They were wrong.

Of course, maybe I am wrong and the kids said nothing to the guy. However, I don't think that's the case here.

<friendly law dude popping in to say it’s a class A if it is an assault on an adult. up to $4000 fine and/or 1 year in jail>

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
1) I saw a very angry man punching a young adult. That's a pretty good indication of intoxication (or some very serious anger management issues).

3) No (sober) adult should think you get to punch someone in the face just because they are annoying you.

So, isn’t this why we have things like KFC?