• The KillerFrogs

Buckeye fans were not impressed

Lone Frog

We had a 1 1/2 rain delay and hung 77 on a pac 12 team.. played in rain vs rutgers and dominated. Cant use weather as a,excuse. I've been reading all your comical posts on this topic. . This isn't Wisconsin 2011 you're playing. .you will find out on the 15th. Good luck. Saturday night. ...

Here we go. It was only a matter of time. Let me save all of us some time and list your trash talking points.
1. We have a cute little program that's had some success against lesser competition, but you'll introduce us to big boy football.
2. Our team is made up of spares; our best players probably couldn't find a place on your scout team and couldn't possibly learn your play book. Yours, on the other hand, are all hyper-athletic freaks of nature with genius intellects who know exactly how to counter any strategy on the field.
3. You used to win more games than we did back before anyone currently playing college football was born.
4. The coaching gap is insurmountably wide. OR We're enjoying a brief blip of relevance before Patterson leaves for another program within a year or two.
5. Your stadium is larger and you have a bigger marching band.

I'm sure these are all zingers for you. Unfortunately, we've heard them before. We've heard them from USC, from Texas, from Clemson, from Wisconsin, from Ole Miss, Oregon and Stanford.

Wanna guess what else all those programs have in common?

Horny4TCU

Here we go. It was only a matter of time. Let me save all of us some time and list your trash talking points.
1. We have a cute little program that's had some success against lesser competition, but you'll introduce us to big boy football.
2. Our team is made up of spares; our best players probably couldn't find a place on your scout team and couldn't possibly learn your play book. Yours, on the other hand, are all hyper-athletic freaks of nature with genius intellects who know exactly how to counter any strategy on the field.
3. You used to win more games than we did back before anyone currently playing college football was born.
4. The coaching gap is insurmountably wide. OR We're enjoying a brief blip of relevance before Patterson leaves for another program within a year or two.

I'm sure these are all zingers for you. Unfortunately, we've heard them before. We've heard them from USC, from Texas, from Clemson, from Wisconsin, from Ole Miss, Oregon and Stanford.

You forgot attendance and Tech... Still my favorite score.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

None of them have purple as their primary color? There isn’t a letter B in any of their names? Not one of them is in the mountain time zone?

MTfrog5

Smart ass comment = our guest bringing up a 2010 Wisconsin team that his team lost to.
Smart ass comment would be that y’all gave up 31 points while the small, 2 star kids give up 19. Nice defense y’all play up there

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Keep talking ..and posting your smart ass comments. .. you'll be eating crow. Around 11pm September 15th. Can't wait.. Nothing more to see here. .frogs... lmao

We had a 1 1/2 rain delay and hung 77 on a pac 12 team.. played in rain vs rutgers and dominated. Cant use weather as a,excuse. I've been reading all your comical posts on this topic. . This isn't Wisconsin 2011 you're playing. .you will find out on the 15th. Good luck. Saturday night. ...
X3mDoru.gif

Deep Purple

We had a 1 1/2 rain delay and hung 77 on a pac 12 team.. played in rain vs rutgers and dominated.
And we weren't playing a Pac 12 or Big 10 team. If we had been, I'm sure our team would have come out with a little more fire in their bellies. Instead, we were playing a G5 team that has had only 5 (barely) winning seasons in nearly 30 years, and whom we have totally dominated during that period.

It's no great challenge. Another year, another steamrolling of SMU. Over the past decade, the Frogs have gotten into the bad habit of sleep-walking through the first half of this game, and then getting halfway serious in the second half and crushing them.

We could lie to ourselves and say we like to toy with them for a bit to give them false hope, and then demolish them. But the truth is, our boys just aren't much into this matchup, so they come out complacent, lackadaisical, and slow-starting. The Ponies, OTOH, get totally geeked for this game. I mean they come out really amped. If they can beat TCU, it doesn't matter if they have a losing season -- they still beat TCU. It's their Super Bowl.

Coupled with our bad habit of playing down to inferior competition, we also have a good habit of rising up for P5 contests.

So you aren't Wisconsin? Good. You're about to be unpleasantly surprised to find that we aren't lowly Oregon State or Rutgers.

Last edited:

Buckeye4life

And we weren't playing a Pac 12 or Big 10 team. If we had been, I'm sure our team would have come out with a little more fire in their bellies. Instead, we were playing a G5 team that has had only 5 (barely) winning seasons in nearly 30 years, and whom we have totally dominated during that period.

It's no great challenge. Another year, another steamrolling of SMU. Over the past decade, the Frogs have gotten into the bad habit of sleep-walking through the first half of this game, and then getting halfway serious in the second half and crushing them.

We could lie to ourselves and say we like to toy with them for a bit to give them false hope, and then demolish them. But the truth is, our boys just aren't much into this matchup, so they come out complacent, lackadaisical, and slow-starting. The Ponies, OTOH, get totally geeked for this game. I mean they come out really amped. If they can beat TCU, it doesn't matter if they have a losing season -- they still beat TCU. It's their Super Bowl.

Coupled with our bad habit of playing down to inferior competition, we also have a good habit of rising up for P5 contests.

So you aren't Wisconsin? Good. You're about to be unpleasantly surprised to find that we aren't lowly Oregon State or Rutgers.
Please... and we are not Southern girls college or Suck My U.. . Oregon st won big this week. .and rutgers scored 35 on a team better than southern.. see how your QB handles the best D line in the nation and a huge very athletic O line... our RBs. ..Lightning fast receiver's and Haskins . Goodluck frogs..

Horny4TCU

Please... and we are not Southern girls college or Suck My U.. . Oregon st won big this week. .and rutgers scored 35 on a team better than southern.. see how your QB handles the best D line in the nation and a huge very athletic O line... our RBs. ..Lightning fast receiver's and Haskins . Goodluck frogs..
Oregon State scored 48 points on an FCS team. That is 17 more points than they scored on the best D-line. I like our odds with a D-line that gives 31 points to Oregon State.

Deep Purple

Please... and we are not Southern girls college or Suck My U.. .
OK, I admit it. I'm a slow learner. It wasn't until this statement that I realized I'm arguing with a 14-year-old kid.

Oregon st won big this week. .
Yes they did. Very impressive how they walloped Southern Utah, the pride of the Big Sky Conference, in Reser Stadium. Of course, the Oregon State defense also allowed the mighty Thunderbirds to score 25 on the Beavers' home field. Ooops...

and rutgers scored 35 on a team better than southern..
Well that really narrows the field, doesn't it? I mean, there aren't many teams better than Southern, are there?

But I guess juggernaut Texas State, the pride of Sun Belt Conference, must be one of them. I mean, geez, they were 2-10 last season! And the season before that. And 3-9 the season before that. In the freakin' FCS!

Are you absolutely sure Texas State is better than Southern?

I will say this. You Big 10 schools pick the strangest mismatches to thump your chests over lopsided victories. I mean, is it really something to brag about? Frog fans would be embarrassed to crow about defeating weak OOC teams with losing records. We know these are tune-up games and mean absolutely nothing.

But you strut like a peacock over meaningless victories like these. You even spin fantasy narratives to make them sound way more impressive than they actually are. Frankly, it doesn't sound all that confident to me. Sounds kind of desperate.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited: