• The KillerFrogs

If Urban is not on the sidelines Sept. 15

Limp Lizard

Outside of the hurt/distractions that the players will be coping with, exactly what does UM really bring on the sidelines? For instance, GP makes the defensive calls all game long and is personally involved in the play-by-play action on the field. If he was not on the field that would be a huge disadvantage. Does Urban make play calls or is that all up to his coordinators; i.e. is he the "CEO" type of head coach. tOSU has tons of talent and an established program, so would it really hurt in a technical way, or just emotional?

FrogLifeYo

We’ll be double digit underdogs either way but as Casey8Ball said....They are that much more beatable without him...

I like are chances of pulling it off with or without him.

Froginbedford

At the risk of being torched, I think win one for the Urbur could be/will be used to result in an oppressive Ohio State win....Frogs might be better off with him on the sidelines....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They would miss him in strategy/game planning. Motivation is another intangible he possesses. His absence would be a Media circus, but that would have a chance to die down by Week 3.

Would tOSU have an 'Us Against The World' mentality? Or, would their two fairly easy opponents lull them into overconfidence?

Ohio State will be fine. Not sure right now that Urban doesn't just play a similar role as Mack Brown did when he was coaching at UT . Kevin Wilson their OC was head coach at Indiana. Their linebacker coach was the DC of the Philadelphia Eagles. Their QB coach, now interim HC, was QB coach Of San Francisco 49ers. Schiano was the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I think they are in good hands even without Urban.

FrogLifeYo

Can we please beat the Sonny Dykes coached Smew team before we talk Ohio University?
Blasphemy I know but this is the first year in a while I believe we don’t have any problems with SMEW...No slight to Dykes who I like but I think they just had the best coach their going to have for a while...

CryptoMiner

So no one knows the answer to the OP’s question?

Interim HC Ryan Day is the OC (2nd year) and calls the offense, Greg Schiano is the DC and calls the D. Day has no HC experience but Schiano and Kevin Wilson (TE coach) have been HCs of P5 schools (Indiana & Rutgers).

LaxFrog3

If Urban isn’t on the sideline he is off drinking at a bar crying into his drink while we put OSU in there place..
Does that answer your question?

tcumaniac

Blasphemy I know but this is the first year in a while I believe we don’t have any problems with SMEW...No slight to Dykes who I like but I think they just had the best coach their going to have for a while...
they’re*

If Urban isn’t on the sideline he is off drinking at a bar crying into his drink while we put OSU in there place..
Does that answer your question?
their*

Geez.

Limp Lizard

they’re*

their*

Geez.
I predict that 50 years from now (thank God I will be dead then) or less, the language will have evolved where there is just one spelling of their/there/they're, to/too/two, your/you're, none/noon, etc. and you use context to sort them out. Mike Judge will be right.