• The KillerFrogs

TCU's Pro Day

Froger

marketing help? i guess you are referring to these four players specifically not getting invited to the nfl
Texada was very very good this past year IMO, better than most people give him credit for. I don't know if he's an NFL player though. I'm a little surprised he's not seen as a better prospect than what he is, but he's got a pretty small frame, I'm sure that's 90% of it. At his size he's probably too small to play special teams so he'd have to be a pretty regular almost every-down player to make it. That special teams stuff is overlooked as far as guys chances of sticking in the league, with only 45 active on gameday if you can't play special teams you better be playing a lot otherwise or there's just no room.
Texada was very very good this past year IMO, better than most people give him credit for. I don't know if he's an NFL player though. I'm a little surprised he's not seen as a better prospect than what he is, but he's got a pretty small frame, I'm sure that's 90% of it. At his size he's probably too small to play special teams so he'd have to be a pretty regular almost every-down player to make it. That special teams stuff is overlooked as far as guys chances of sticking in the league, with only 45 active on gameday if you can't play special teams you better be playing a lot otherwise or there's just no room.

Well. We won't know what type of prospects these TCU kids are until tomorrow. That's the disadvantage of not being getting into All Star games and combines. There are 21 Sr that will participate in Pro Day. Only two kids went to the combine. I call it poor marketing and limited media exposure. See the previous post, Texada ran a 4.33 coming into TCU, covered the fastest WR week in and week out and u guys act as if he is some measly PRO prospect. And basically saying he is not even capable of running in the 4.3s.

SuperTFrog

Well. We won't know what type of prospects these TCU kids are until tomorrow. That's the disadvantage of not being getting into All Star games and combines. There are 21 Sr that will participate in Pro Day. Only two kids went to the combine. I call it poor marketing and limited media exposure. See the previous post, Texada ran a 4.33 coming into TCU, covered the fastest WR week in and week out and u guys act as if he is some measly PRO prospect. And basically saying he is not even capable of running in the 4.3s.
I think if you reread this thread you will hear a consistent theme of everyone saying he physically can’t run in the 4.3’s. You nailed it!

TCURiggs

I think if you reread this thread you will hear a consistent theme of everyone saying he physically can’t run in the 4.3’s. You nailed it!

I don't think "everyone says he physically can't run in the 4.3's" in this thread. I haven't seen a lot of comments like that. I think it's unlikely, and I'm guessing he'll run in the 4.4's, but I won't be shocked and don't think it's physically impossible for him to run in the 4.3's. It seems like most just don't think he's one of the top 5 (or top whatever) corners in this draft like Froger is claiming.

PO Frog

I think you’re borderline delusional. And I disagree that who gets drafted or doesn’t depends on “marketing”. Nobody is saying he isn’t capable of running in the 4.3s. I believe most people are saying that he better run in the 4.3s if he wants to overcome his size limitations. Most also recognize that HS 40 times are pretty worthless and that laser timed combine and pro day performances tend to reveal quite a bit. Everybody wishes him well, but we’ve seen a lot of disappointing measurables from TCU athletes over the years to have learned that perhaps our fandom and expectations are a bit too high.

SuperTFrog

I don't think "everyone says he physically can't run in the 4.3's" in this thread. I haven't seen a lot of comments like that. I think it's unlikely, and I'm guessing he'll run in the 4.4's, but I won't be shocked and don't think it's physically impossible for him to run in the 4.3's. It seems like most just don't think he's one of the top 5 (or top whatever) corners in this draft like Froger is claiming.
It was a joke that apparently wasn’t good. I was the one saying he couldn’t run a 4.3. I think he’ll be in the 4.4’s.

PO Frog

Check your sarc meter.

I hope all our guys do great but suggesting some lack of marketing or exposure of players who participated all four or five years in a P5 conference and finished off their last season playing in the Big 12 Championship game and an upper tier bowl game is, at the least, misguided. The NFL is the ultimate meritocracy. They find players from every conference and division. Most everyone who could possibly play there gets a look somewhere.

Thinking back, the only of our guys who come to mind that didn't really get much of an opportunity is Casey Pachall. The 2011 version of the guy looked like someone who had some NFL potential. Injuries, off the field issues, and two years in Jarrett Anderson's offense I guess were enough to scuttle that. Otherwise, college and the NFL are just two different things and "marketing" isn't the reason players do or don't get their chance.

Wexahu

If Texada is good enough to play in the NFL, he'll play in the NFL. I'm sure he'll get his chance, and if for some reason he doesn't, it's because he wouldn't have made it anyway.

To me, he's like Kevin White. Heck of a college player, completely shut down the other Kevin White and more than held his own against a whole slew of good college receivers. But put a guy like that in an NFL camp with 10-12 other CB's who are basically just as athletic (and bigger) when there are only 5-6 spots available, it's just damn hard for a 5'9, 175 lb kid to make it, and the people who run the combine and the NFL scouts know that.