• The KillerFrogs

Selection Sunday Thread

LVH

I'd rather face ASU than Syracuse.............I'd rather not face 2-3 zone of theirs

Dixon owns Boeheim

Arizona State had a couple of good wins in December and that was it.

Either matchup for us is good but I would rather face Arizona State personally just because they have been ass since 2018 calendar turn.

MTfrog5

They didn't belong. Randy Bennett does the same thing every year, plays a really weak non conference schedule and hopes he can beat Gonzaga once to get an at-large bid and hope that is enough. Gonzaga was their only win over anyone worth a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] and was cancelled out by losses vs. bad teams like San Francisco and Washington State.

It worked last year but this is the 3rd time they have been left out with a similar resume. He needs to switch things up scheduling wise.
Bilas said this morning they had two Q1 wins and they only reason it was two was because they lost to BYU which bumped them in the Q1 category

Purp

Love our first round matchup. Was so worried we would be paired with a solid mid major like Loyola. Instead we get an Arizona State team playing like garbage or a Syracuse team that shouldnt even be in the field.
I agree. And I'm really happy about the potential 2nd round matchup with Sparty, even if it may be in their home gym. They are very beatable this year. The entire B1G is suspect aside from maybe Purdue.

LVH

I agree. And I'm really happy about the potential 2nd round matchup with Sparty, even if it may be in their home gym. They are very beatable this year. The entire B1G is suspect aside from maybe Purdue.

Michigan State is a tough matchup for us actually. They are Top 5 nationally in 3 point shooting and rebound the ball really well. Their 3 point shooting exposes our perimeter weakness and their rebounding ability will neutralize the rebounding advantage we have had this year in most of our games. They are also best in the nation at 2 point field goal defense which means Vlad will have his work cut out for him.

Should we face them we would need to be able to hit 3s and stay even in the rebounding battle.

Pharm Frog

Southwest flights are crazy. Some bearable flight options via Expedia etc.

giphy-downsized.gif

Just 1,222 miles from campus. $80 worth of gas should do it (one way).

CountryFrog

Michigan State is a tough matchup for us actually. They are Top 5 nationally in 3 point shooting and rebound the ball really well. Their 3 point shooting exposes our perimeter weakness and their rebounding ability will neutralize the rebounding advantage we have had this year in most of our games. They are also best in the nation at 2 point field goal defense which means Vlad will have his work cut out for him.

Should we face them we would need to be able to hit 3s and stay even in the rebounding battle.
Top 5 nationally in 3 pt shooting is frightening considering the Frogs lack of 3 pt defense in many games this year.

Purp

No doubt about it. But I think they're probably the weakest 3 seed. Also, I think a lot of their defensive numbers are inflated by terrible offer see in their conference.