• The KillerFrogs

Alamo Bowl

Mean Purple

Right or wrong, we gave them all the ammo they needed by stinking up the field yesterday. You can't expect to get ANY benefit of the doubt when you're a small private school, when you lay an egg (a really stinky egg) on the last game prior to bowl selection. Even if that game is for the conference championship. Is it a double standard? Almost certainly it is. Did we give them more than amply rope to hang us. Yep, sure did.
You mean like Miami...

Jackson

The Big XII (TCU) is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to the Polls by design and will always be until we can recruit additional schools to the conference and create Divisions. Our head to head play between all members results in losses that other conferences can avoid via division design and annual scheduling.
Not accounting for out of conference games the best records the BIG XII can possible achieve in conference are as follows:
9-0
8-1
7-2
6-3
5-4
4-5
3-6
2-7
1-8
0-9
The Big X’s (and SEC, PAC-XII, ACC) Divisions are going to yield MORE teams with better conference records by the design of the divisions AND fewer games are played between “conference powers”. When all Conference Members schedules 3-4 “weak” (not P-5) non-conference opponents the Divisions can yield 2 unbeatens and possible 2 one loss Teams. AS A RESULT.....they are “over ranked” in the Polls and count as quality wins.
This INHERIT BIAS will eventually be the death of the Big Xll.....Why?
* Teams defecting for an easier path to the CFP.
* Money - TV Contracts....LESSER Bowl Games
* Recruiting - Hurt by the Poll/Bowl Bias
* Perception - The BIG XII is the weakest of the P-5s BS.

CountryFrog

I wrote yesterday that I didn’t think teams who lose conference championship games should fall behind teams who didn’t play in conference championship games (assuming they were ahead of them when the day started). But clearly the committee watched us play yesterday and concluded that Washington/Stanford/ND are all better than us and that’s all they really care about.
Yes, that's obviously their conclusion. My point is that it's a [ Finebaum ]ty conclusion which can't be justified.

Some things to consider:

Last two seasons, the Big 10 has gotten 6 teams combined into the NY6. Big 12 has gotten two. Are we really supposed to believe that the Big 10 is THAT much better than the Big 12?

TCU is the lowest ranked 10 win team in the P5. There is an AAC team ahead of us as well as a 9-3 team and a 9-4 team who also just lost yesterday against a much lower ranked opponent than we did. This is despite playing 6 road games against P5 teams and one neutral site game. Other than WVU, ALL of our toughest opponents were on the road.

TCU played a common opponent as USC, Auburn, Alabama, Ohio St and played as well or better against those common opponents. TCU also played as well or better than Oklahoma against all of our conference opponents except WVU.

TCU was ranked #6 going into the first OU game. 2 losses against the #2 team (neither game at home) then resulted in a 9 spot drop. I understand the losses were bad but Auburn, Ohio St, USC, Stanford, Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, Miami all suffered at least one blowout loss as well and all of them came against worse teams than Oklahoma.

TCU is now the lowest ranked 11 win P5 team ever in any committee rankings (2014) and the lowest ranked 10 win P5 team ever in any committee rankings (2017).

It's incredibly hard to argue that TCU is being treated fairly by the playoff committee.

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
This is not, and has nothing to do with, how the Cotton Bowl matchup is decided.

Are you saying that committee (who selects the NY6 bowl matchups) does not listen to the people at the bowls, totally ignoring who they want? The committee is charged with setting matchups that TV and the bowl people want. Saying that they select the best teams is their company line, but pretty much BS.

Moose Stuff

Yes, that's obviously their conclusion. My point is that it's a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]ty conclusion which can't be justified.

Some things to consider:

Last two seasons, the Big 10 has gotten 6 teams combined into the NY6. Big 12 has gotten two. Are we really supposed to believe that the Big 10 is THAT much better than the Big 10?

TCU is the lowest ranked 10 win team in the P5. There is an AAC team ahead of us as well as a 9-3 team and a 9-4 team who also just lost yesterday against a much lower ranked opponent than we did. This is despite playing 6 road games against P5 teams and one neutral site game. Other than WVU, ALL of our toughest opponents were on the road.

TCU played a common opponent as USC, Auburn, Alabama, Ohio St and played as well or better against those common opponents. TCU also played as well or better than Oklahoma against all of our conference opponents except WVU.

TCU was ranked #6 going into the first OU game. 2 losses against the #2 team (neither game at home) then resulted in a 9 spot drop. I understand the losses were bad but Auburn, Ohio St, USC, Stanford, Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, Miami all suffered at least one blowout loss as well and all of them came against worse teams than Oklahoma.

TCU is now the lowest ranked 11 win team ever in any committee rankings (2014) and the lowest ranked 10 win team ever in any committee rankings (2017).

It's incredibly hard to argue that TCU is being treated fairly by the playoff committee.

I hear ya. In 2014 I was irate. This year I’m not bothered by it because I don’t really feel like we’re arguably better than any of the teams in front of us.

On the whole have we been treated fairly? Probably not.

I’ll be at the Alamo Bowl. As to the football I think TCU will be fine. With regard to the venue...I hope $60 mil in renovations have made it not a dump. As to post game eating, I’ll either plan ahead or just understand that nothing but Mi Tierra will be open after the game

rtpfrog

Staying at the Westin River Walk. Stayed their last time
. You can walk to the stadium and it's near the Hard Rock Cafe which we found out is one of the only places open after the game. Partied until 3AM after the Oregon win.