• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs OU common opponents

SuperTFrog

I know that OU whipped us last time and probably could have won by a lot more, but if you look at the whole season, I think we are the better team and it will show next Saturday.

OSU: TCU - 13, OU -10
KSU: TCU - 20, OU -7
KU: TCU - 43, OU -38
UT: TCU - 17, OU -5
Tech: TCU -24, OU -22
Baylor: TCU -23, BU -8

I refuse to go into the game thinking we’re going to lose. Screw OU and Screw Baker Mayfield. We had a really bad game, but it won’t happen again. We are the better team with a better coach and will beat those pricks next Saturday!

ftwfrog

I know that OU whipped us last time and probably could have won by a lot more, but if you look at the whole season, I think we are the better team and it will show next Saturday.

I refuse to go into the game thinking we’re going to lose. Screw OU and Screw Baker Mayfield. We had a really bad game, but it won’t happen again. We are the better team with a better coach and will beat those pricks next Saturday!

I don’t think we are the better team, but that’s okay. We just have to be better on Saturday.

Also, I think we were clicking in late September, and have struggled a bit as of late (offense vs ISU; laying an egg in Norman) and OU is on the uptick.

Either way, we’re playing with house $. Nothing to lose.

Frogs1983

Frogs have to stop waiting until 2nd quarter to get going to beat OU. Getting down 2-3 scores against OU like they din in Norman will be very tough to overcome with OU's Offense.
If the Frogs play tough the 1at quarter next Saturday, they absolutely can beat OU IMO.

4th. down

You're right, the facts don't lie. We were over hyped for OU and under for Baylor and Iowa State. When we are level and Morris is at center we are a different team. If that team shows up for OU, we beat them.

SuperTFrog

You're right, the facts don't lie. We were over hyped for OU and under for Baylor and Iowa State. When we are level and Morris is at center we are a different team. If that team shows up for OU, we beat them.
I was told on this board that Morris being out was not a big deal :) I think he played one series last game and we went 90 yds. The guy completely changes our Oline

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
TCU is the better team, but obviously not when we suffer key injuries. With Turpin out and Song on the bench our special teams won’t be considered a threat unless Reagor or White breaks a long run or houses a punt/kickoff. Vince has been doing a good job with PATs but we need to find a kicker that can hit 40+ FGs before next weekend (Hatfield looked good in warmups).

On Defense we’re better than OU hands down, but without Anderson and Morris our offense makes their D look like a top unit. So the key to this game will come down to our offense if we go three and out constantly, don’t test them downfield, attack just the sidelines and concede the center of the defense, and fail to run with any amount of success we’re going to lose badly.

However, I think Morris plays 75% this weekend, Sewo has found his groove, and Hill will be 100% ready to work the middle of the field with Stewart, Slanina, and White. And I expect Porter and Williams to fill in for Turpin and give us two big targets to help pick apart the Sooner DBs.

I feel a lot better about this game than the first go around in Norman.

Frogs win by 3 scores.

dawg

OT, but does anyone know what is the issue with Song? Really hurt? Tiger Mommy refusing to let him play?

4th. down

I was told on this board that Morris being out was not a big deal :) I think he played one series last game and we went 90 yds. The guy completely changes our Oline

Yes, and one of the reasons is, he calls the offensive line blocking and with Schlott at right guard and Pryor moving over to RT, you've got some serious beef working for you. We all talk about chemistry and I remember LT saying the same thing about his offensive line, "the big uglies." With Morris and Schlott. in at the same time, it's a different team and when Anderson would join them, well we all know what would happen.

ftwfrog

TCU is the better team, but obviously not when we suffer key injuries. With Turpin out and Song on the bench our special teams won’t be considered a threat unless Reagor or White breaks a long run or houses a punt/kickoff. Vince has been doing a good job with PATs but we need to find a kicker that can hit 40+ FGs before next weekend (Hatfield looked good in warmups).

On Defense we’re better than OU hands down, but without Anderson and Morris our offense makes their D look like a top unit. So the key to this game will come down to our offense if we go three and out constantly, don’t test them downfield, attack just the sidelines and concede the center of the defense, and fail to run with any amount of success we’re going to lose badly.

However, I think Morris plays 75% this weekend, Sewo has found his groove, and Hill will be 100% ready to work the middle of the field with Stewart, Slanina, and White. And I expect Porter and Williams to fill in for Turpin and give us two big targets to help pick apart the Sooner DBs.

I feel a lot better about this game than the first go around in Norman.

Frogs win by 3 scores.
Whoa! I didn’t realize Turpin was out? Or are you just guessing?