• The KillerFrogs

Is CFP really out of the question if we beat OU?

Borisblue

Assuming we beat OU and there are no other upsets, three slots in the CFP should be spoken for:

Undefeated Alabama
Undefeated Wisconsin
1-loss Clemson or Miami

Who gets the fourth slot? The Pac-12 champion will have 2-losses, and so will TCU. We also have to worry about Notre Dame with 2 losses. But I think there is a chance we sneak in.

f_399

I think 1 hurdle is OU, even if we beat them.

We would have nearly identical resumes but they have the OSU win and we would have the conference championship

It’s going to be tough.

Ron Swanson

I think 1 hurdle is OU, even if we beat them.

We would have nearly identical resumes but they have the OSU win and we would have the conference championship

It’s going to be tough.
I don’t think they would give it to OU over us if we beat them to end the year.

That being said, I’m not holding my breath. I don’t think we are a national championship caliber team this year, and I feel like we are playing with house money anyway. I’m just gonna enjoy it.

TX_Krötenechse

if Alabama wins the SEC, Clemson wins the ACC, Ohio State wins the B1G, and we win the B12, then I think we have a good shot. If Georgia wins the SEC then as much as I hate it, I feel like they’ll put Georgia and Bama both in over a 2-loss B12 champ and 2-loss PAC champ.

Planks

Not impossible, but would require a lot.
Assuming we beat OU and there are no other upsets, three slots in the CFP should be spoken for:

Undefeated Alabama
Undefeated Wisconsin
1-loss Clemson or Miami

Who gets the fourth slot? The Pac-12 champion will have 2-losses, and so will TCU. We also have to worry about Notre Dame with 2 losses. But I think there is a chance we sneak in.

Here’s what needs to happen

Week 13:
Stanford beats Notre Dame
Michigan beats Ohio State
Alabama beats Auburn

CCG week:
TCU beats OU
Stanford/Washington State beats USC
Alabama beats Georgia
Wisconsin beats Ohio State
Clemson beats Miami
Memphis beats UCF

TCU is in the playoff in that scenario. TCU and OU would both be tied for the 4th best record in the country out of the Power 5. Ohio State would now have four losses, so OU’s OOC win over them would no longer be enough of a resume boost to trump TCU’s status as conference champion

Pharm Frog

That being said, I’m not holding my breath. I don’t think we are a national championship caliber team this year, and I feel like we are playing with house money anyway. I’m just gonna enjoy it.

Precisely how I feel (and have felt for quite a while). The one thing is thought that I don't think we've beaten anybody that we shouldn't have yet. The games we've won, we should have won (even Okie Lite although it didn't seem that way going in). Something tells me we're due to win one that we shouldn't. Get some turnovers and have some fun. Can't win it unless you're in it.

Planks

if Alabama wins the SEC, Clemson wins the ACC, Ohio State wins the B1G, and we win the B12, then I think we have a good shot. If Georgia wins the SEC then as much as I hate it, I feel like they’ll put Georgia and Bama both in over a 2-loss B12 champ and 2-loss PAC champ.

Wisconsin has to win the Big 10 for TCU to have a chance. If Ohio State wins, the the Big 10 might get two in the playoffs (11-2 Ohio State and 12-1 Wisconsin). And even if the Big 10 only gets one in the playoff, a Big 10 champion Ohio State would be a huge resume advantage Oklahoma would have over TCU. TCU has absolutely NOTHING from a OOC standpoint. OU would make it in over TCU, even with TCU being conference champion.

matmoo123

Chaos continues to build tomorrow. One of those years where you just need the ball to bounce your way a few times. No completely elite teams, and many are capable of winning it all.

JimSwinkLives!

This. Right. Here.