• The KillerFrogs

Board approves AGCS expansion, other capital projects

TCUdirtbag

This is interesting because they'll have to open a new vehicle entrance to the Admission Center, which is currently accessed from Bellaire North.

Also, in the next 12-18 months, they'll begin construction on a new Main Administration Building in what is now a parking lot just east of the Admission Center. All TCU administrative offices will vacate Sadler Hall, and it will be internally reconfigured as the new home of the Honors College.

Guessing admin and admissions will get a parking entry on berry or stadium.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
All TCU administrative offices will vacate Sadler Hall, and it will be internally reconfigured as the new home of the Honors College.

I am a nobody, just a grad.
I write no checks with lotsa zeroes.
My opinion matters for squat.
I miss the old parlor front room of Jarvis that “had” to go in their re-do years ago.
And although I’ve come to accept the new subdued purple in Carr Chapel I miss the old bright red cushions & carpet. It was one of my first searing memories of my youth when visiting campus in the 70’s.
Yes progress requires sacrifice & change.
That said, I surely hope the lobby of Sadler is not changed or worse, demo’d, when Honors takes over. The big comfy chairs, the big oil portrait of Sadler, the great seal of TCU in the floor, big framed pictures of our history on the walls, etc. It’s so quiet & dignified there, worth a visit every time I’m on campus.

For once, I hope one little space can be maintained as it is with no changes. Chances are I’ll never be a blue hair (more likely a no hair) but approaching 60 very soon I’d hope one piece of campus I remember will stay the same as a reminder of our heritage instead of sledgehammered into 4 more crowded sub-cubical offices.

LeagueCityFrog

Guessing admin and admissions will get a parking entry on berry or stadium.

Isn't there still a house in that general area as of last week? And the city needs to spruce up Berry Street from University to Stadium if you're going to put your main administration building facing Berry Street there. I walked from the grocery store to the game through that area last weekend. Both sidewalks were trashed and the medians looked like garbage. They need to copy and paste how University Drive looks on that side of campus.

TCUdirtbag

Isn't there still a house in that general area as of last week? And the city needs to spruce up Berry Street from University to Stadium if you're going to put your main administration building facing Berry Street there. I walked from the grocery store to the game through that area last weekend. Both sidewalks were trashed and the medians looked like garbage. They need to copy and paste how University Drive looks on that side of campus.

I’m sure admin will face campus (as does admissions), not Berry, hence the closure of part of Bellaire Dr N to make it pedestrian space.

TCU cant make the city do anything. Hell, they offered to pay to brick and maintain university from cantey to university to slow traffic down and the city refused the offer. They have to pick their battles with the city. With the occasional street closure and zoning change requests, they know what to prioritize.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
TCU is running out of real estate. I can see 8-9 storied buildings in the future less they secretly own property for expansion

bingo_sopranos.gif

Ron Swanson

Again, only if we play before 11 AM. The sun still rises in the east and sets in the....Beuhler? Mr Beuhler?

Now, if they put huge cantilevered awning angling up from the west side, you might get some relief.
Yeah I thought it was going to hang over the top of the east side.

I realize that if it isn’t between myself and the sun, there will be no shade.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Concur

And the reason Berry street new grassy medians look so good is....TCU groundskeepers take care of them NOT the city in a well negotiated deal under the Berry Street Initiative. Smart move.

BABYFACE

Agreed. Heck, I believe that most projections say that within 10-20 years, parents will have to pay $100k and over just for in-state public schools. That's absurd.
Then college will become mostly for the wealthy and apprenticeships make a comeback.

I think that there is a tuition bubble and it will burst or tuition will start to freeze. University’s can chose to head toward self implosion or bring sanity back to costs. Income in this country is increasing at vastly slower rate than college tuition.

Those projecting 600k a year in tuition are ignoring the basic principle that there has to be a demand for college at that price.