• The KillerFrogs

That Offensive Pass Interference was a really bad call

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Wait...... he's trying to convince people he's SMART???

Even better - He is trying to convince people he is smart BY SAYING HE WENT TO TECH!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

(Sorry I had to steal this gif)

Jet Set Frog

I haven't seen Diarse's catch on the near sideline mentioned yet. He was absolutely MAULED by the WVU defender, but no flag was thrown.

In my opinion, the OPI was clearly a legitimate call. However, even if it wasn't, WVU has no leg to stand on with the argument that the officiating was biased against them.

AroundWorldFrog

Having grown up in West Texas, I know lots of people that went to Tech. It wasn't the first choice for any of them as far as I know. But hey, beggars can't be choosers. Well, unless you want to go to the best financial planning department in the world.

200.webp

Realtorfrog

I've got an entire list of people who don't have a clue about college football who I double check to completely ignore their opinions and you're not on it yet.

I need absolute verification to add people too the list.

In order to add you, I need a simple yes or no.

Did the TCU defender grad the WVU WR's jersey. Yes or No?

Please answer in direct "yes" or "no" So that I can add you to the list of people whose opinions are straight up worthless.

Yes as a result of the push off hence Offensive PI

flyfishingfrog

Refs will mostly ignore a jersey grab that immediately follows a blatant push off. Its a reflex to keep from going to the ground. I know that this correct call deeply disturbs Tech fans because receivers pushing off is the cornerstone of the current Tech offense.
This is their real concern - if the B12 refs called attempted pick plays and push offs on WRs - tech would have no offense

TCUWIN

Pick plays and holding weren't called at all yesterday, and we saw a return to the non-calls on physical play by CBs that plagued us back in 2012 when we joined the league. But I wasn't complaining about it during the game because it's become the rule rather than the exception when it comes to B12 refs.
I would agree, except we were flagged for pass interference. A few times. And we had a catch interference that was not called on the punt. Turpin was bumped by three different wvu players. He still caught it cleanly. I love that guy back there catching punts.

netty2424

Yes, I'm not a complete idiot, therefore I acknowledge that the WR pushed off and the defender clearly grabbed the WR's jersey. I think anyone with an IQ above 70 would acknowledge those two facts.

Once you dispose of all the wastes of oxygen who don't acknowledge the jersey grab, then you have a simple argument between OPI, DPI and no call. I lean toward no call since two clear penalties occurred.

If you want to argue OPI, you're not necessary wrong, but I think if you had any intelligence, you could acknowledge that it was at least a questionable call.

It's similar to the punt we recovered. Yes the player ran into the punt returner. Normally that's a penalty BUT to your dismay, he was pushed into the returner, negating the penalty. TCU ball, TCU victory.

Beat KSU!!

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
I would agree, except we were flagged for pass interference. A few times. And we had a catch interference that was not called on the punt. Turpin was bumped by three different wvu players. He still caught it cleanly. I love that guy back there catching punts.

Exactly! There was zero chance they were blocked into Turpin. Easy call and they blew it.

TechAdvisor

LMAO that he's quietly realized how wrong he was and bailed on the thread.

I don't realize I was wrong, the defender clearly grabbed jersey offsetting the WR pushoff. I think it should have been offsetting penalties or just let them play but it's just pointless to argue at this point.

No one here is actually interested in looking at things from a different perspective so I'm moving on.

jake102

I don't realize I was wrong, the defender clearly grabbed jersey offsetting the WR pushoff. I think it should have been offsetting penalties or just let them play but it's just pointless to argue at this point.

No one here is actually interested in looking at things from a different perspective so I'm moving on.

Let's say it should have been a no-call. What's your point?

It was classic Deon Sanders vs Jerry Rice. Both pushing and pulling for the ball. Very quesionable call, but one call doesn't make the game. If I were WVU fan I would of been upset. But maybe it means TCU finally arrived in the top of the Big 12. OU and UT have gothen calls just because of who they are in the Big 12. Good years your team has to get some calls and balls its way. Go Frogs!

Moose Stuff

If you don't grasp that everyone but you maintains that the reason the jersey was grabbed is because the WR was pushing off and because of that the jersey grab was IRRELEVANT then I'm forced to assume that you aren't real smart. Offsetting penalties???? Good god.

Last edited: