• The KillerFrogs

Anyone watching Andy and Bengals?

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Andy will suffer after playing for Jay Gruden and Hugh Jackson , who is their oc now? Maybe he will get to go somewhere else next year, needs out of that division

DickBumpastache

I have no idea what Dalton's contract situation is, but he can probably start counting days. They may even consider tank mode to get Darnold, Rosen or Allen

Bengals can terminate after this season...

Seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, since they will be on the hook for about $50m total through 2020 if they don't.

Bengals are the first team since 1939 to not score a TD in their first 2 games at home. Hopefully AD and the rest of the offense can figure something out...unwatchable right now.

Wexahu

All in all, he's carved himself out a pretty decent career and made a boatload of money. The NFL is just really hard. The tough part is, for whatever reason, he doesn't seem to be getting any better. That last throw on 4th down was a head scratcher, you gotta at least throw it at somebody.

jake102

Some of y'all seem to take some satisfaction in his suckage. Weird.

What are you talking about? It sucks. He seems to have completely fallen off the map. It's been a real bad NFL year for TCU players so far. We need guys to step up.... recruiting does take notice.

Speaking of stepping up, Kindred is killing it. Has gotten really high grades from PFF

Bengals can terminate after this season...

Seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, since they will be on the hook for about $50m total through 2020 if they don't.

Yeh it's over for him in Cincy. Of course it's going to happen one year after Texans draft a QB. Whatever.

TCUdirtbag

Generally speaking, the Bengals organization is to blame for the team's current state. AD led them to the playoffs in 5-straight yeas - then coach and player turnover caught up with them and the owners didn't put the money in to keep the Bengals a playoff franchise. He has no help right now, but he's choking, too. A 7th-year QB can't be this bad--even if he has little help from his OL and skill players.

Look, AD will be fine. This is his 7th year as a starter. 5 playoff appearances (more than 1/3 of all the Bengals' appearances in franchise history), 2 division championships, 3x pro bowl selection. Not a bad starting career--honestly a lot better than I think most predicted when he was at TCU. He's made good money, will make a good backup somewhere for the next few years, and will move on to coaching with his brain still intact. Not a bad run at all. Great Frog and a great dude. He tripped into a great opportunity in Cinci--not many places a second round draft pick trips into a 7-year starting role. I just wish he'd gotten a playoff W in there.

Wexahu

What are you talking about? It sucks. He seems to have completely fallen off the map. It's been a real bad NFL year for TCU players so far. We need guys to step up.... recruiting does take notice.

Speaking of stepping up, Kindred is killing it. Has gotten really high grades from PFF

Yeh it's over for him in Cincy. Of course it's going to happen one year after Texans draft a QB. Whatever.

Honestly, he's always been a marginally talented NFL QB, to start for 6+ seasons and get a 2nd contract, lots of guys would've killed for that. And he can probably last another 6 years as a good backup and make $2-3M/year if he wants to. I suspect there will be a ton of pressure in Cindy to go another direction.

jake102

Honestly, he's always been a marginally talented NFL QB, to start for 6+ seasons and get a 2nd contract, lots of guys would've killed for that. And he can probably last another 6 years as a good backup and make $2-3M/year if he wants to. I suspect there will be a ton of pressure in Cindy to go another direction.

He was legitimately good two seasons ago before he bested his thumb against Pitt

W

Way of the Frog

Interesting on the tackle of Clowney he did more of a rolling block than trying to grab him. You can see he is very aware of how he got injured last year and didn't want to repeat it, but I have to wonder watching a few of those throws if the thumb is still a problem.

He missed badly on some throws that in the past he would have put in the area. It isn't a matter of rooting against him and in the NFL it isn't the throws you make it is the ones that you miss on that determine a quarterbacks fate.

Bengals are a mess with a poor offensive line and no run game. Texans might be an even bigger mess along their offensive line and have one wide receiver.

maximilian

He was a legitimate MVP candidate 2 years ago before he broke his thumb. He was terrible tonight. Something ain’t right, whether mental or physical.

Hue Jackson not being there? OL getting even worse? Never one thing, but it's just snowballing. When Eifert's foot was out of bounds on the TD, I pretty much resigned myself to the fact he was in for another rough night.

Having said that, Andy almost always plays poorly against the Texans and on Thursday night.

ShreveFrog

Andy is getting rushed and making some panic throws off the mark. Line is terribad. On the overthrow, the receiver got slowed up a couple steps. Then tight end steps out of bounds. That offense is a mess.

I hope Andy finds a new home as a starter and someone buys my Bengal gear on ebay.

netty2424

Andy is getting rushed and making some panic throws off the mark. Line is terribad. On the overthrow, the receiver got slowed up a couple steps. Then tight end steps out of bounds. That offense is a mess.

I hope Andy finds a new home as a starter and someone buys my Bengal gear on ebay.
Not disagreeing, just a question. Where does he land and start/start over? Which teams would/could he come in and replace someone?

Josh Mccown, Jets
Cleveland, is Keizer ready?
Broncos, Trevor Siemian
Bears, Mike Glennon
Hoyer, 49ers
Bortels, Jaguars

Granted, not looking at any financials, or personnel, just strictly off a list of QB's I googled. Some of these guys may not even still be starters, I don't know.