• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

Whomever decided to take tea and make this green leaf raspberry flavored boat and sit it beside good 'ol fashioned sweet tea should be drug through the streets of waco naked by their heels attached to an F-250 and left for dead. Good gawd that about ruined my Tuesday.

Interesting story from two weekends ago since apparently HASMP is lacking stories. Background my daughter and her bestie were born on the same day. They've been inseparable since they meet at daycare. Her mom is a single parent who's a Horned Frog. My wife has befriended her. We had them over for dinner to let the kids swim. I don't recall how the subject of snakes came up, but apparently this chick's dad was a badarse back in the day. Vietnam Vet, hunt, fish, etc. She mentions he used to love to catch snakes. She said her dad and I would have hit it off. However, he died in a car accident. Anyway, she's going on about some snake catching stories. This is totally out of what I would expect her wheel house to be on conversations. The final snake story is about her dad and his best friend catching snakes in Australia. Apparently this friend caught a black mamba. When he caught said black mamba he didn't have his hand close enough to its head where it couldn't bit him and the black mamba bit him on the index finder. Without so much as a blink of the eye the guy cut off his index finger where the venom couldn't spread throughout his body. He lived!

Now I have no way of knowing if this is true, and do not know this chicka well enough to call BS nor would since her father has passed. Again, totally out of what I thought her wheel houses of conversations would be, but all I can do is raise a glass of cold brew to this guy and toast a badass. Not sure I'd have the quick thinking down to have cut off my finger.

There's a random Tuesday story for you. Enjoy your evening!
Why were they hunting Kobe Bryant in Straya?

Also, isn't that racist?

Purp

Can someone please 'splain the reasoning behind Yu and Lucroy being traded other than for money.
I'd have done it too. Rangers are 9-13 in Dervish starts. We can do that well behind Nick Martinez and AJ Griffin. And Chirinos is a solid defensive catcher producing more runs per plate appearance than Lucroy.

Likely won't sign either guy this winter, get something for them now, and don't severely impact your shot at the wild card. Not going after help for the back of the bullpen won't help, though.

Punter1

Can someone please 'splain the reasoning behind Yu and Lucroy being traded other than for money.

I can't believe there wasn't a better offer on the table then the Dodgers. We got a 2nd baseman and 2 borderline guys way down the prospect list.

Like most people I'd rather have seen 2 hard throwing bullpen arms. Or hell...just 1.

netty2424

Rangers bullpen is brutal. Could've used some help here.

We had to get something, but every team knew rangers had zero negotiation leverage and most teams don't view Yu as a $30mil pitcher. Guys talented but he's a bit of a maverick on the mound.

bwood

Was a couple groups ahead of Austin Connelly today, 20 yr old that t-14th at open championship a couple weeks ago. Dude was tiny, but apparently has what it takes, shot 66 on Saturday at the open. Talked to him for a little, seems like a good kid, best of luck to him.

Ron Swanson

Was a couple groups ahead of Austin Connelly today, 20 yr old that t-14th at open championship a couple weeks ago. Dude was tiny, but apparently has what it takes, shot 66 on Saturday at the open. Talked to him for a little, seems like a good kid, best of luck to him.
I liked that little dude, was pulling for him

talor

Now I have no way of knowing if this is true, and do not know this chicka well enough to call BS nor would since her father has passed. Again, totally out of what I thought her wheel houses of conversations would be, but all I can do is raise a glass of cold brew to this guy and toast a badass. Not sure I'd have the quick thinking down to have cut off my finger.

There's a random Tuesday story for you. Enjoy your evening!

Thanks for the story! Considering the black mamba is native to only sub-saharan africa I doubt that piece of the story is true. Now Australia has the most things on earth that will kill you with venom, so if you just replace the snake species then its probably spot on.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Since I know several us spent a ton of time and money in the Pub, thought I would post this link here. Glad to now know that Dave's daughter plans to take over and keep the place going. Couldn't imagine going there and the place having 10 tvs now!!!

https://www.fwweekly.com/2017/08/02/university-pubs-facelift/
Rent has become insane for that space. Pub has a three year lease and then its future is up in the air. They are looking into food options but there simply isn't space.

Nobody should be surprised if the Pub becomes a Buffalo Bros expansion in three years. But we should all be sad if that happens.

Latest posts