• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

netty2424

I get it that everyone seems to use Twitter and kids love it, but is it some sort of unwritten rule where a kid is supposed to announce every offer he gets via twitter? It just seems kinda strange to me, most of them are very generic.

I can't imagine feeling the need to announce anything if some school made me an offer. Is it on recommendation from the recruiting services?
I get your points, but I don't necessarily see any issues with it. Pretty great accomplishment to get offers anywhere, much less D1. They should be proud. It also gives them a timeline to look back on down the road, inform family members, friends, etc. that may not be as close but still care.

Wexahu

I get your points, but I don't necessarily see any issues with it. Pretty great accomplishment to get offers anywhere, much less D1. They should be proud. It also gives them a timeline to look back on down the road, inform family members, friends, etc. that may not be as close but still care.

I don't really have an issue with it, it's just that almost every one starts with "I'm blessed to announce....." almost like straight off a template. Makes me think there is some sort of protocol they are supposed to follow.

netty2424

I don't really have an issue with it, it's just that almost every one starts with "I'm blessed to announce....." almost like straight off a template. Makes me think there is some sort of protocol they are supposed to follow.
May be. Probably just a copy cat response more than anything I'm guessing.

West Coast Johnny

God blesses some with scholarships... other's he curses and sends to Community College.

ScottPatrick

OU flips former UT commit DE Ron Tatum. One of the complaints from Casey Thompson's family about OU recruiting him was that Stoops wasn't involved. Now that it has become clear why expect them to make some moves on him and Rising.