• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Ron Swanson said:
Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year every year.

We are having Thanksgiving at the ranch this year and everything tastes better down here, so this may have been the best Thanksgiving meal ever.

I just drove away from the commotion going on back at the cabins and am sitting here watching five deer walk very close to my truck near the river while drinking a beer. It's like they don't see the truck
Deer are stupid.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Peacefrog said:
Deer are stupid.

sorry, but your post made me think of this...greatness:

Mona Lisa Vito: You're goin' hunting?
Vinny Gambini: That's right.
Mona Lisa Vito: Why are you going hunting? Shouldn't you be out preparing for court?
Vinny Gambini: I was thinking last night. If only I knew what he knows, you know? If he'd let me look at his files; oh boy.
Mona Lisa Vito: I don't get it. What does getting to Trotter's files have anything to do with hunting?
Vinny Gambini: Well, you know, two guys, out in the woods, guns, on the hunt. It's a bonding thing, you know; show him I'm one of the boys. He's not gonna let me look at his files, but maybe he'll relax enough to drop his guard so I can finesse a little information out of him.
[searches through his clothes]
Vinny Gambini: What am I gonna wear?
Mona Lisa Vito: What are ya gonna hunt?
Vinny Gambini: I don't know. He's got a lot of stuffed heads in his office.
Mona Lisa Vito: Heads?
[Vinny looks up at Lisa]
Mona Lisa Vito: What kinda heads?
Vinny Gambini: I don't know, he's got a boar, a bear, a couple of deer.
Mona Lisa Vito: Whoa. You're gonna shoot a deer?
Vinny Gambini: I don't know. I suppose. I mean, I'm a man's man, I could go deer hunting.
Mona Lisa Vito: A sweet, innocent, harmless, leaf-eating, doe-eyed little deer.
Vinny Gambini: Hey Lisa, I'm not gonna go out there just to wimp out, you know. I mean, the guy will lose respect for me, would you rather have that?
[Lisa gets up, walks over to the bathroom and shuts the door]
Vinny Gambini: What about these pants I got on, you think they're O.K.?
[Looks down]
Vinny Gambini: Oh!
Mona Lisa Vito: [comes out of the bathroom] Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A scheissin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a scheiss what kind of pants the son of a [ hundin] who shot you was wearing?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
They just showed that clip of Coach O screaming incoherently at the team in the locker room.  No idea what he's saying.  I  think it was actually a pep talk.  Cracks me up.

Horny 4 Life

I smoked some creamed corn for Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house and it was tasty. I think I'll experiment with it further because this could be a killer BBQ side dish.

I used Mesquite because that's all I had, but I think it would be better with Hickory.

I hope the rest of you enjoyed this, the 2nd most American of holidays, as much as I did. Happy Thanksgiving HASMSP!

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Horned Eagle said:
I smoked some creamed corn for Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house and it was tasty. I think I'll experiment with it further because this could be a killer BBQ side dish.

I used Mesquite because that's all I had, but I think it would be better with Hickory.

I hope the rest of you enjoyed this, the 2nd most American of holidays, as much as I did. Happy Thanksgiving HASMSP!
Gotta ask how you smoked creamed corn.

Horny 4 Life

RollToad said:
Gotta ask how you smoked creamed corn.
If it were summer and I had fresh corn, then I would have smoked the ears of corn first and made the creamed corn from that.

Since it's winter, I made the creamed corn with canned corn, put it in a foil pan, and smoked it for 75 minutes.