• The KillerFrogs

"Yu" better believe it

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Link? Proof?

Amazes me how people post stuff that no one else in America even knows what's going on.

It's 3:20 and the deal still isn't done. ESPN, MLB.com, heck even Galloway doesn't know yet.

Well to be fair, Rick Renner and FSSW said the deal was done about 3:15 or 3:20. Don't know if that is where Gee got it from or not. Of course them saying that doesn't mean it was done at that time. They were also reporting that all of the Rangers beat people confirmed it was done then too.

P

purplePPO

But he's fat, and not the good fat either...

Prince Fielder is FAT in a bad way! He might be OK for a year or two but he is an average 1st baseman at best. He is not an athlete!!! FAT! FAT! FAT! Pass on him and go after Oswalt! Now were talking!!

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Whether it is smart to spend the money to sign Fielder is debateable. Once that cost is sunk, his ability on the baseball field is not IMHO.

For all the "fat and average 1B" claimants - remember that his father was a big dude, and a helluva hitter, for many many years. Just as his weight predisposition may be genetically passed on, his hitter's reactions and hand/eye coordination most likely was as well.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Babe Ruth was 6-2/215, Prince Fielder is 5-11/275. Just a little difference.
I don't care what measurables from whichever part of his career you want to bring up. You go look at the photos and tell me he wasn't carting around an extra 40-50 pounds. It worked out.

Frogenstein

Babe Ruth was not fat until the end of his career which coincided with the motion picture camera being introduced at sporting events. Since we only have footage of Babe Ruth when he was fat everyone thinks of him as an overweight ball player which was not the case in his prime.

ftwfrog

All that and Prince Fielder is a vegetarian. THAT'S NOT A JOKE! He is a vegetarian.

The signing of Yu is great for the Rangers. If you ask me, it's an upgrade to your rotation compared to CJ. CJ was not liked in the clubhouse and was not reliable in October. He really helped this team get to the postseason but he is not an ACE. Yu could be an ACE, we do not know, but $10 million a year for a guy who is 25 with that kind of "stuff" is a steal! I know, I know, the posting fee. But that's not out of my pocket.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Babe Ruth was not fat until the end of his career which coincided with the motion picture camera being introduced at sporting events. Since we only have footage of Babe Ruth when he was fat everyone thinks of him as an overweight ball player which was not the case in his prime.
Ok, fair enough good explanation. Ruthian comment withdrawn.

Nevertheless, who here would have been willing to axe Cecil Fielder, Kirby Puckett, Mo Vaughn, Big Papi, John Kruk, David Wells, Fernando Valenzuela in their primes because of extra weight?

Forget it. Whoever gets Fielder, let's see how he does. Come talk to me in a few years.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Ok, fair enough good explanation. Ruthian comment withdrawn.

Nevertheless, who here would have been willing to axe Cecil Fielder, Kirby Puckett, Mo Vaughn, Big Papi, John Kruk, David Wells, Fernando Valenzuela in their primes because of extra weight?

Forget it. Whoever gets Fielder, let's see how he does. Come talk to me in a few years.

Tying up the amount of money necessary to sign the guy would destroy the future chances of signing good talent. Also, where is the money going to come from for all of the guys that are currently part of the team that will want raises real soon?

The lineup is already full of good bats. Pitching is what is lacking. Remember: Good pitching always beats good hitting. Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint. Attaching a financial millstone to your franchise is not a good idea. (See: Houston Astros/Carlos Lee)

geefrogs

Link? Proof?

Amazes me how people post stuff that no one else in America even knows what's going on.

It's 3:20 and the deal still isn't done. ESPN, MLB.com, heck even Galloway doesn't know yet.

I usually dont post news on here unless I am 100% sure.

Im not Chip Brown.

Long Time Fan

Long Time Fan
I think Hamilton is more important than Fielder. If signing Fielder prevents you from resigning Hamilton next year then don't sign Fielder.

geefrogs

I think Prince would be a great signing.

This current Ranger "dynasty" window is getting smaller. Young, Hamilton, Cruz, Kinsler, Beltre are all going to be 30 or older so the Rangers need someone to bridge the gap from this group of stars, to the next group of upcoming stars.

People talk about his weight. Sure. But Prince has never been on the DL in his career. Think about how many times Cruz, Hamilton, Beltre have been on the DL??

At his age, he statistically is most similar to Eddie Murray. Thats pretty good company.

Mitch Moreland is not the answer at 1st base.

Pay Prince.