You Make the Call, New Video, Throat Slash or Christ Has Risen

Throat Slash vs. Christ Has Risen

• Throat Slash (300, The Movie Style)

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Christ Has Risen

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters

LisaLT

Can you post the Hill clip so we could really compare? I mean these are kids and they all have different motions - some of them aren't making any kind of slashing motion at all (check out the girl in the back on the left). 

TooColdU

None of the above.

Hill did the sign for "King" in sign language. The difference between that and "Christ is Risen" is the hand gesture.

Notice how these kids make a "c" with their hands while swiping across their chest. Kenny did a "k" with his fingers instead.

kenny-trill-throat-slash-against-arkansas.gif

Kenny thinks he's a king.

LisaLT

I do want to point out something. A religious gesture that includes a slashing motion across the body vs. the holy trinity hand gesture, which is highly recognizable, is different. People get that and recognize that. Even for those who aren't religious, it generally isn't offensive in any way. 

Maybe what Hill did resembled too much a "PIGS to the slaughter" hand motion vs. a more obscure and sincere religious gesture that only the very religious would openly recognize.

LisaLT

TooColdU said:
None of the above.

Hill did the sign for "King" in sign language. The difference between that and "Christ is Risen" is the hand gesture.

Notice how these kids make a "c" with their hands while swiping across their chest. Kenny did a "k" with his fingers instead.

that was very observant of you. I didn't catch that. 

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
TooColdU said:
None of the above.

He does not think he's a king.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
LisaLT said:
Hi Roll - its hard to know what he was thinking, but I just want him to succeed. then we all win.

:)
He's a religious guy. He's stated that part of what he's done since leaving Aggy and coming to TCU was to "get right with the man upstairs."

And Christ is King of Kings, Lord of Lords.

That's how I interpret it. A unique way of showing thanks. Not much different than pointing to the sky or kneeling.

Now, if he is indeed saying that he's a king, then he can take that cocky bullsh and leave.

Edit: here's a few sources of the sign (much better than kids that don't know what they're doing)

https://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/KING/1644/1

http://www.babysignlanguage.com/dictionary/k/king/

The second one is particularly good.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Whatever it is Steel don't care. Don't do it.

God ain't a football fan and God don't care who wins.

Steel almost wishes it were a throat slash. That's more palatable.

steelfrog

Tier 1
How about who gives a dogcrap what he intended. How bout do what LT did every one of the many times he scored a TD--hand the damn ball to the line judge and jog to the sideline.

WhatTheFrog

Doesn't really matter at this point.  The jesture resulted in a flag.  The game is over and TCU lost.  One didn't necessarily cause the other, but it didn't help.  I figure we won't be seeing that jesture anymore, at least not in a close game.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
steelfrog said:
How about who gives a dogcrap what he intended. How bout do what LT did every one of the many times he scored a TD--hand the damn ball to the line judge and jog to the sideline.
Ah, so when Turpin does his "superman" shirt rip, that's fine.

I agree though, have some humility and humbleness. But don't single him out.