• The KillerFrogs

WVU Returned Nearly All of their Allotment

stbrab

Can we also get a T-shirt cannon that can fire further than 8 rows?
Reminds me of a great story a classmate told me last year during our 40th HS reunion. Her sons made a potato cannon and took it to college. As a prank, they shot rubber dildos into a frat party from their pickup. The frat boys didn't think it was funny and charged them with assault with a "deadly weapon". The older brother took the blame, was booked and spent a night in jail. When the case went to the judge, he laughed and dismissed the case. Got to be careful with those potato cannons.

Wexahu

Yah man, hanging out with your buddies, eating BBQ, having a few drinks, laughing, having fun, reminiscing, telling stories..... blows.

Who'd want to do that?

Over watching an actual major college football game (your favorite team nonetheless) in person? Buddies can do what you describe any night of the year if they want. Why is it so much better doing it in a parking lot while an actual football game is taking place in the stadium right next to you? Doesn't actually watching the game if you have a ticket make a little sense? Heck, I can do all the things you describe except the having a few drinks part IN THE STADIUM.

Last edited:

frognutz

Here is my idea that I feel pretty certain only a few on here will like....maybe none. I'm sure it will open me up to all sorts of criticism, but here goes. Don't give them a reason to leave. I'm not a fan of tailgating. I can't find a reason for a fan to stand around in a parking lot drinking beer, particularly when your team is in the stadium playing their heart out for YOU. What if the team decided to just hang out in the locker room and leave you waiting in the stadium wondering when they would finally return to the field. That would piss you off. I say cut off all tailgating at kickoff, and start it back up after the final gun. If you want to drink beer in the parking lot during the game drive over to Target, and set up.
Listen, our team deserves our attendance and attention. If the game is secondary to hanging out in a parking lot, just don't bother to come in the first place. At least then we will know who the true fans actually are. Just sayin'

Spit Blood~~<~< and [ darn ] baylor!!

Strong opinion and logistics pretty much impossible.

I'd much rather have the mildly to moderately interested fans in the tailgating areas doing their thing than at home in their man caves.

Also, it's an age appropriate thing too. We had no tailgaiting allowed when I was in school and it absolutely sucked as a game day experience. Nobody went except for the blue hairs. Completely dead.

I was a halftime exiter in my 20's and 30's but I've got two sons now so it's lost it's appeal for me and we stay in the stadium. To each his/her own.

netty2424

Over watching an actual major college football game (your favorite team nonetheless) in person? Buddies can do what you describe any nigh of the year if I want. Why is it so much better doing it in a parking lot while an actual football game is taking place in the stadium right next to you? Doesn't actually watching the game if you have a ticket make a little sense? Heck, I can do ll the things you describe except the having a few drinks part IN THE STADIUM.
I don't miss the games for tailgates either. I thought you were referring to tailgating in general as your repsonse seemed to be to a post that had a similar sentiment. Maybe I read it wrong.

Wexahu

I don't miss the games for tailgates either. I thought you were referring to tailgating in general as your repsonse seemed to be to a post that had a similar sentiment. Maybe I read it wrong.

No, tailgating is a lot of fun, I do it nearly every game for a pretty long time, but I don't see the logic in tailgating during the game (unless you don't have a ticket). To me it really makes no sense to pay good money for a seat in the stadium and then spend the majority of games in a parking lot watching TV. But that's just me I guess.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Everyone wear sombrero. Provide your own shade. All kidding aside, I still couldn't get over how few students had hats on during the SMU game. No wonder they roasted.

At least we play on Saturday's ! Maybe we will catch a break on the weather. The Frogs have got to at least win the conference again if not make the play off before we can get night games on our own reputation.

netty2424

No, tailgating is a lot of fun, I do it nearly every game for a pretty long time, but I don't see the logic in tailgating during the game (unless you don't have a ticket). To me it really makes no sense to pay good money for a seat in the stadium and then spend the majority of games in a parking lot watching TV. But that's just me I guess.
Right there with you on this. Wish more would take that approach.

4 Oaks Frog

Yah man, hanging out with your buddies, eating BBQ, having a few drinks, laughing, having fun, reminiscing, telling stories..... blows.

Who'd want to do that?
No, it doesn't blow. In fact it is great. You'd have to be weird not to enjoy doing that. But to do that when your team needs your support inside the stadium does blow!! It blows that you don't have enough respect for your team and school to support them with your presence. It blows that when our team runs on the field twice, it is to a half empty stadium. It blows that our game sellout means a half empty stadium and a half full parking lot. If the Frogs come out and give you a half assed effort, you would be the first to say that it blows that the aren't trying hard. Their half assed effort would blow. I say that the fact that fans stay in the parking lot for kick off and opening of the second half and for the school song at the end of the game is a half assed effort and scheissing blows...and I bet the players would agree!
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]

Sebastian S

Owners of these tailgates should shut down before the game and before the 2nd half.

Enjoy it pre and post game and a few minutes at half.

I know some don't have tickets but I would kindly request anyone in my tailgate with a ticket to go inside the stadium with me.

HFrog12

Agree with this. I guess the culture must have started when our on the field product was terrible but for some reason people are just reluctant to go in at the beginning and back at the beginning of the second half. Its a migration problem. I always rally about 8 people at my tailgate to be in my seats before the team comes out of the tunnel. A lot of the times I like to catch the end of warmups just so I am in game mode. But there are always those folks who want that one extra beer or are finishing that conversation with a fine looking frog lady. The culture is set where people are filing in during kickoff, and by 3 minutes into the game its about full, I just never understood it.

Wexahu

Agree with this. I guess the culture must have started when our on the field product was terrible but for some reason people are just reluctant to go in at the beginning and back at the beginning of the second half. Its a migration problem. I always rally about 8 people at my tailgate to be in my seats before the team comes out of the tunnel. A lot of the times I like to catch the end of warmups just so I am in game mode. But there are always those folks who want that one extra beer or are finishing that conversation with a fine looking frog lady. The culture is set where people are filing in during kickoff, and by 3 minutes into the game its about full, I just never understood it.

Think about the amount of money that is spent on a parking spot, game tickets, beer, food, and booze for a decent sized tailgate (say, 20 people or so) at the stadium......and then think about what kind of party those people could throw at someone's house for that same amount of money. I know the experience of being in the tailgate lots is pretty special, but man, if you're not even going to go into the stadium, you might as well stay at home and really get a party going. You'd probably have $5,000 to play with every game.

netty2424

No, it doesn't blow. In fact it is great. You'd have to be weird not to enjoy doing that. But to do that when your team needs your support inside the stadium does blow!! It blows that you don't have enough respect for your team and school to support them with your presence. It blows that when our team runs on the field twice, it is to a half empty stadium. It blows that our game sellout means a half empty stadium and a half full parking lot. If the Frogs come out and give you a half assed effort, you would be the first to say that it blows that the aren't trying hard. Their half assed effort would blow. I say that the fact that fans stay in the parking lot for kick off and opening of the second half and for the school song at the end of the game is a half assed effort and [ farging ] blows...and I bet the players would agree!
Spit Blood~~<~< and [ darn ] baylor
Turn up your sarcasm meter.

stadiumfrog

Owners of these tailgates should shut down before the game and before the 2nd half.

Enjoy it pre and post game and a few minutes at half.

I know some don't have tickets but I would kindly request anyone in my tailgate with a ticket to go inside the stadium with me.
We lock up all the booze in our cars at game time. Tailgate clears out pretty quick!

Dogfrog

It’s only human nature for somebody paying $2000 for a darning parking spot to feel compelled to utilize the ship out of it. TCU loves this revenue so won’t likely jack with tailgaters.

revfrog

We will have a few fans there, I know the alumni chapter in the area is hosting a tailgate and going. I looked at tickets through the school, but they were $85. They are on Stubhub and other sites for half that. My ticket for this weekend (with a discount code) was 25 bucks. This is the one drawback of us being in the Big 12, I think. We used to have a lot of fans that would drive to Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Louisville, etc. for games and they can't do that anymore. Our nearest conference foe is ISU, a 13.5 hour drive from Morgantown. 865 miles away. Still happy to be in the conference, obviously, but road games are tough.

Do you guys usually have a good walk up crowd on game day? I would imagine with ESPN being in town that it would sell out eventually.

Glad you're planning to make it! I'm from further up the panhandle in Brooke County, and I know exactly how long of a drive it is. Enjoy the trip!

Big boy programs do not tailgate at halftime and during the game. Tailgating is fun, but there is a place for it. It's been a process for TCU fan base to kill that SWC culture. Move forward don't look behind like SMU has. Tailgating during halftime and during the game is the last remnants of a conference that was bad for every team culturally besides for the flagship universities. It's not going to happen all at once, but it's gradually getting better. It's definitely been a process to kill SWC out of TCU. Thank God for Gary Patterson and his coaching staff.

Purp

Here is my idea that I feel pretty certain only a few on here will like....maybe none. I'm sure it will open me up to all sorts of criticism, but here goes. Don't give them a reason to leave. I'm not a fan of tailgating. I can't find a reason for a fan to stand around in a parking lot drinking beer, particularly when your team is in the stadium playing their heart out for YOU. What if the team decided to just hang out in the locker room and leave you waiting in the stadium wondering when they would finally return to the field. That would piss you off. I say cut off all tailgating at kickoff, and start it back up after the final gun. If you want to drink beer in the parking lot during the game drive over to Target, and set up.
Listen, our team deserves our attendance and attention. If the game is secondary to hanging out in a parking lot, just don't bother to come in the first place. At least then we will know who the true fans actually are. Just sayin'

Spit Blood~~<~< and [ darn ] baylor!!
I think this is pretty consistent with the no re-entry policy. Some tailgates would not shut down, but most would.

Last edited: