• The KillerFrogs

WVU Press Conference

don

Week 5. Ok St, K St and WVA got after us last year. Really good team. Beat up a little on D. Tough ball game.

QB? Won at other place, very athletic, big, throws all the balls, can run the offense, hard to bring down.

don

Bye week? Get a couple of guys back. Gave them a couple of days to clear mind. Today is Wed practice. Tues was on Sun. Bigger rest period. They have a new coordinator, having 2 weeks gave us time to study Cal an A&M film too. They also have 2 weeks. We have to get ready to go.

don

Close games in series? First 3 were OT. Last two weren't close. Both teams have been physical. Hicks has been practicing. Needs to work himself back in.

don

RB will be by committee.

When you are playing well, you like to stay in your rotation. with Game Day, if they aren't fired up, I can't help them much. Excited - its been since 2009. Great for TCU and FW. Last time, we could show off campus. For everyone else but us, it's great.

don

We've only played 4 games. Lot of football left. My goal is to get to 6 wins and a bowl first. Added pressure causes tightness in team. 2010 Boise moved ahead of us. Watching game knowing we probably won't go to BCS bowl if they win. Out of the blue, NV wins and you go to Rose Bowl. Can only control your team. Big win at Ark, SMU got after us early. Played hard at Stillwater. 135-140 on field. They weathered the storm. Give them and staff a lot of credit so far. WVU is top 25 and want to keep climbing.

don

compare to 2014? I haven't. Different team and players. Were picked 6th in both years. Both teams have a toughness to them. More mature and like each other.

don

Toughness identity? We've gotten smarter in how we practice. We went a little bit against each other but not a lot. Whole goal is to get them through next 8 weeks. Every year is different. Depth and injuries. Try to keep finger on pulse.

don

WVU - run the ball more. All the moves (OC) Dana has made are unbelievable. Impressed with how he's done things.

don

Growth since 09? All of us, TCU and FW have grown. TCU alumni are minority in alumni in FW. National scene, people know more about FW. so many good things going on. I get too much credit. Greatness is where dreams and hard work meet. very appreciative of them choosing us. It's really cool. Everyone wins. I wish I could go but we'll be in hotel.

don

Exp secondary? They have knowledge. Older team will tell you what will work. Young players are in a forest, don't see trees. Everson Walls played like he ran a 4.5 cause he had so much experience. We teach a base D and put in a game plan. If they have 60 plays, you want to have 30+ better calls. Our safeties are our QBs. Bellichek said you need to make them play left-handed. Takes lot of teaching. Younger players don't react well when you do too much teaching. Older players trust what you say more.

don

Coached 9 kinds of defenses in 30 years. Whatever you coach, you have to convince them its the best D to play.

You better get ready to go. How do you slow them down.

GP - she is the better half. She came up with a great idea to help Houston.

don

Kelsey P - We visited about doing something after Harvey and Irma when Rice was here. Sent emails to friends. Put wheels in motion. Added Puerto Rico. 20 universities. Campaign started last friday. Auction coming Nov 1st. Adding things as we go.

Glad to see that everyone wanted to participate.

End goal? Don't know how many more schools will participate.

givingbeyondthegame.org