• The KillerFrogs

WV Sports: WVU Football Considered Heavy Underdogs at TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

By Mike Asti

william-wotring-7815_darwin-barlow_wvu_tcu_14NOV20-ww-scaled.jpg

Oddsmakers say Neal Brown’s WVU football team’s win streak is about to come to an end this week.

The Mountaineers are 3-1, but those three games were all won at home at Milan Puskar Stadium. As West Virginia travels to TCU, they do so as they open the week as heavy underdogs.

Read the article at https://wvsportsnow.com/wvu-football-considered-heavy-underdogs-at-tcu/

FroginBedford68

By Mike Asti

william-wotring-7815_darwin-barlow_wvu_tcu_14NOV20-ww-scaled.jpg

Oddsmakers say Neal Brown’s WVU football team’s win streak is about to come to an end this week.

The Mountaineers are 3-1, but those three games were all won at home at Milan Puskar Stadium. As West Virginia travels to TCU, they do so as they open the week as heavy underdogs.

Read the article at https://wvsportsnow.com/wvu-football-considered-heavy-underdogs-at-tcu/
Never sleep on West Virginia....Mountaineers hold 6-5 edge in series....

boonecountyman

Regardless of which QB plays,TCU will need to stop the run to have success.NB has been very conservative calling pass plays. I would rate the O-line an A and the receivers a C at this point in the season.Defense has played very well so far as has special teams.

Spike

Regardless of which QB plays,TCU will need to stop the run to have success.NB has been very conservative calling pass plays. I would rate the O-line an A and the receivers a C at this point in the season.Defense has played very well so far as has special teams.
So far we've done a lot better against the run than the pass. Looking forward to the game. WVU was the best football road trip I've ever made.

joffutt

Is their QB out?
Yes, but both of them are so equal in ability it's hard to even say which should start. The injured starter is a Jr is more of a dual threat so that gives him an edge over the starting RS Frosh now. Both qb's are pretty good but the WR's have been dropping a lot of balls lately, but this previous game had rain involved. The TCU game, weather pending, will give us a better idea as to where we're at but I really can't say which qb will start.

Big Frog II

Yes, but both of them are so equal in ability it's hard to even say which should start. The injured starter is a Jr is more of a dual threat so that gives him an edge over the starting RS Frosh now. Both qb's are pretty good but the WR's have been dropping a lot of balls lately, but this previous game had rain involved. The TCU game, weather pending, will give us a better idea as to where we're at but I really can't say which qb will start.
It will be very warm and dry.

BleedNPurple

We were heavily favored against Colorado too. That didn’t work out. Forget about it - TCU being favored doesn’t mean they don’t have to show up and play - we’ve seen where that gets us!

CountryFrog

If you're not able to throw the ball effectively on Saturday then you'll have no chance to win outside of your defense and/or special teams scoring some points for you.

I like West Virginia's defense a lot but it's going to be a tall task keeping the Frogs under 21 and there's just no way you're scoring more than 21 without some threat of a passing game. Doesn't mean you have to throw for 300 but if the TCU defense is able to load up against the run then WVU may move the ball a little but they won't score a whole lot.