• The KillerFrogs

WV game is 11:00

CountryFrog

OU 2005 I was hoping to keep it close for a half...
True. I guess I probably didn't think about that one because we ended up winning but that probably was actually the last time I felt this pessimistic. We were 5-6 the previous year with a defense that was being torched by everyone in C-USA on a weekly basis.

So maybe it's a good thing that I feel this way for this week.

TemCatFrog71

Thanks for beating Texas yesterday. I hate when those are happy. They’re a truly insufferable fan base.

I fully expect y’all to kick our ass on Saturday. This is one of the worst teams TCU has ever fielded. We are terrible in every facet of the game and appear to be extremely poorly coached.

But I wouldn’t be shocked if we find some weird way to keep it close. I’ve seen weirder things happen.
Maniac, you are too young to even have a clue as to "one of the worst teams TCU has ever fielded". As for the comment "appear to be extremely poorly coached" .. love you as a fan, but Dude your knowledge base is pretty sparse.

tcumaniac

Maniac, you are too young to even have a clue as to "one of the worst teams TCU has ever fielded". As for the comment "appear to be extremely poorly coached" .. love you as a fan, but Dude your knowledge base is pretty sparse.
As I stated earlier, I meant to say one of the worst teams GP has ever fielded, which I don't think is too far off.

And say what you wish, but we look like a very poorly coached team this season.

LVH

As I stated earlier, I meant to say one of the worst teams GP has ever fielded, which I don't think is too far off.

And say what you wish, but we look like a very poorly coached team this season.

I think obviously the 2004 team is the worst team in the GP era.

#2 is up for debate. Candidates

2001 - Lost to an FCS team. Didn't hit stride until last few games of the season. Won regular season finale at Southern Miss to become bowl eligible but laid a major egg in the bowl game vs. A&M

2007 - I think this team has a lot of parallels to this year's team. Lots of preseason hype. All American defensive end returning and strong defensive line on paper. Lose emotional non conference game early which we led at halftime(Texas 2007 = Ohio State 2018), which leads to a letdown loss the game after on the road against a team that wants it more(Air Force 2007 = Texas 2018). Confidence of team is shot which leads to losses against inferior teams(Wyoming 2007 = Kansas 2018). Lifeless home losses(Utah 2007 = Texas Tech 2018). But we picked it up at the end of the year, barely losing at MWC champ BYU and then the bowl game vs. Houston.

2013 - I think we were far better than our 4-8 record in 2013 and advanced metrics showed it. Some computer polls still had us in the Top 30 despite the 4-8 record. Played a bunch of close games that we lost. Instead of quitting, played our best 3 games of the year over the last 3 games, win at Iowa State and inspiring defeats to Kansas State on the road and Baylor at home.

2016 - Defensive line was the weakness of the team and the offense was a total mess after the Oklahoma game. Heartbreaking loss to Arkansas set the tone.

The common theme in these seasons is the heartbreaking early non conference loss. Northwestern State 2001, Texas 2007, LSU 2013, Arkansas 2016, Ohio State 2018.

If I had to rank the bad teams in order from bad to less bad: