• The KillerFrogs

Workers put up some steel frame on South end of West side today

Double D

Tier 1
Just checked in to see what happened with ACS construction today. Looks like some steel for lower level seating was installed on the South end of the West side today.

That leaves me wondering how that big crane will get out once construction is finished?? I guess they won't completely close off the NW corner until the crane is removed.

It will be interesting to watch. Photo credit to a great TCU alum and killerfrogs.com contributor.

GO FROGS!
View attachment 1441
View attachment 1442

TCURiggs

What's going on b/w DMC and the indoor practice facility? I drove down Stadium after Colonial and saw some steel and a cinder block wall?

SnoSki

Can the yellow cranes move the big one on the ground? Maybe remove the long arm first and then lift and move the tank-like cabin/engine?

Stiff Arm Frog

What's going on b/w DMC and the indoor practice facility? I drove down Stadium after Colonial and saw some steel and a cinder block wall?

It's going to be a new workout/weight room for football and basketball, should be about twice the size of the current weight room. Expected to be finished in August/September. It'll also make for a nice new entrance to Sam Baugh, though the entrance will be on the back side.

back_in_black

Moderators
That leaves me wondering how that big crane will get out once construction is finished?? I guess they won't completely close off the NW corner until the crane is removed.

It will be interesting to watch.

GO FROGS!

Looks to me like the gap between the north endzone and northwest corner will be wide enough to get the crane through. It's wider in person than it looks on the webcam.