• The KillerFrogs

Women’s Volleyball 23

Sangria Wine

Pleasantly surprised!
If our passing is really on point we are a top 25 team and if that aspect is playing well and along with that our young setter is playing to her potential we are a top 15 team. Lots to ifs and buts in there BUT it should be fun to watch. They are a dangerous opponent for sure. Looking forward to the day we are hosting a regional.

Pharm Frog

If our passing is really on point we are a top 25 team and if that aspect is playing well and along with that our young setter is playing to her potential we are a top 15 team. Lots to ifs and buts in there BUT it should be fun to watch. They are a dangerous opponent for sure. Looking forward to the day we are hosting a regional.
I have some very distinct thoughts about our challenge with passing but if the young setter can get us back into system on marginal passes we can overcome that. Bottom line is we must play fast and fast requires good first touches or lotsa risk.

Not sure this is a Top 15 team though in terms of if we play to our caliber and some others play to their’s. I think we’re about 1.5 rotations away from a Top 15. That said…when you can load up Parra and get Nalls and Gibson going…there’s nobody out there that would feel comfortable playing this squad with the exception of the Top 6-7.

Sangria Wine

That said…when you can load up Parra and get Nalls and Gibson going…there’s nobody out there that would feel comfortable playing this squad with the exception of the Top 6-7.
Absolutely. I just started following them this year but our hitting seems good enough to be very competitive even with the best teams we’ve played.

What’s the best avenue to keep up with recruiting for volleyball?

Pharm Frog

Absolutely. I just started following them this year but our hitting seems good enough to be very competitive even with the best teams we’ve played.

What’s the best avenue to keep up with recruiting for volleyball?
I’m really not sure. To be honest I really don’t get that involved in recruiting news of any sport. I basically had my fill of recruiting with my kids and I just pretty much pick up interest when kids sign. That said…I owe my former boss a call and his kid (junior OH from Indiana) is being very heavily recruited nationally (including UH) and he could probably give me sense of where to follow this stuff.

In the past I’ve used club sites where I knew some kids and their clubs usually had info on their girls. If I had the time I could see myself joining the Side Out Club but still 2-3 years away from that I figure.

froginmn

Six Big12 teams advanced in the tourney. Only Iowa State fell in Round 1.
I think Big Ten had five and all won. Plus the three who played second round already have advanced, with Nebraska a near lock to make it four and MN a possibility for five.

The scheduling of this first round seems a little weird, with several second round matches played yesterday and only evening games today. I don't follow this enough to know if that is normal.

Pharm Frog

I think Big Ten had five and all won. Plus the three who played second round already have advanced, with Nebraska a near lock to make it four and MN a possibility for five.

The scheduling of this first round seems a little weird, with several second round matches played yesterday and only evening games today. I don't follow this enough to know if that is normal.
Gym availability