• The KillerFrogs

Will Big12 get to 16

asleep003

With The SEC and BIG stating they are set for now, as BIG waiting on ND to make their decision.... which could be a year or 2. Does the 4 PAC schools put themselves on hold, though we know how the cards will, for the most part, fall.

Bob Sugar

Was just thinking we needed a whole new thread on this.

Well done!!

Simon Cowell Reaction GIF by America's Got Talent

asleep003

McFroggin

Who's 17 and 18, considering UO and UW are hanging on to see if ND applies, wondering if BIG invites one or both to the party.

Once Utah, Arizonas, and Colorado join the Big 12, UO and UW will be forced to make a move. If B1G and SEC pass, they’ll have to go Big 12. The next decision is whether to add Stanford and Cal, but I don’t think Cal will move the needle enough. If ND goes B1G, B1G will take UW or UO. We will take the other and Stanford.

asleep003

Once Utah, Arizonas, and Colorado join the Big 12, UO and UW will be forced to make a move. If B1G and SEC pass, they’ll have to go Big 12. The next decision is whether to add Stanford and Cal, but I don’t think Cal will move the needle enough. If ND goes B1G, B1G will take UW or UO. We will take the other and Stanford.
Not a conspiracy theorist... however, wondering if the BIG/SEC are pausing also to evaluate, what they do, would allow the Big12 to grow bigger to a point, where they may not be ignored by Big Media $s as the major 3rd league in college football...

Last edited:

Eight

Reading the last page of the Big12 Expansion thread, over 1/2 the posts were non Expansion ?#?%?$?&?

Trying to get the Expansion, or not, back on tract on this crucial topic for the great majority of us.

crucial topic?

if tcu gets left out again the sun will rise in the east and if if doesn't there are actual crucial things afoot, but i apologize for derailing a thread that was basically a sports themed gossip thread full of rumors, speculation and hearsay

this is all like aging. will happen regardless so i am only gong to get interested when it appears like it is going to stop, but each to their own i guess

Endless Purple

Yep 15...

If Utah thinks their too good for the Big 12 (some of their post I read) and only Colorado and the Az schools want to come over. Play 4 permanent rivals then rotate 5-5 for the other 10. Works well. If Utah comes for 16, then TCU and Utah can have some future games for the conference championship.

HG73

BYU will behave just fine, they're not the big dog in this conference. Now if the Big12 expands with 8 from the PAC, then sooner or later BYU will try to split the western teams off for a new conference. But those western teams may not want to be in a conference with BYU.

The B1G could take ND and stay at 17 if they scrap divisions.

Washington and Oregon will be waiting quite a while for a B1G invite.

asleep003

crucial topic?

if tcu gets left out again the sun will rise in the east and if if doesn't there are actual crucial things afoot, but i apologize for derailing a thread that was basically a sports themed gossip thread full of rumors, speculation and hearsay

this is all like aging. will happen regardless so i am only gong to get interested when it appears like it is going to stop, but each to their own i guess
Yes ... very crucial to any caring TCU/Big12 fan. Besides Eight, wasn't even thinking of your participation or not, when starting this thread. So, if you're that sensitive, go ahead and quibble.

Primarily interested in CU and ASU, as UA would be Big12's smallest metro/media market and Utah would be sharing a 3.3mil mkt with BYU.

Last edited:

asleep003

BYU will behave just fine, they're not the big dog in this conference. Now if the Big12 expands with 8 from the PAC, then sooner or later BYU will try to split the western teams off for a new conference. But those western teams may not want to be in a conference with BYU.

The B1G could take ND and stay at 17 if they scrap divisions.

Washington and Oregon will be waiting quite a while for a B1G invite.
That would make no sense what so ever ... it would put these 8 schools in a much worse position than they are even now !
But would agree these 8 may not want to put their trust into BYU.... though couldn't imagine WSU/OSU getting a B12 invite.

Palliative Care

This back and forth seems endless. The new commissioner will pick up at least 4 PAC teams. Good enough for me. Otherwise it is 88 degrees in Weatherford right now and I am thinking of fall (ok it is till 7 weeks away). But it is less than 3 weeks to fall camp. I am with Lisa T on being stoked to getting back to playing football. Expansion will proceed during this time and the PAC is on life support Guess who is holding the cord? Or maybe there will be a rolling blackout. Either way we win.