• The KillerFrogs

Why so many Frog logos?

Just looking through some of my stuff last night and I have a good 5 or 6 different Frogs. Add in the new one and it brings the total I have witnessed to about 7 or 8. Can't we just pick one and not change it? Do you see UT changing logos every 5 years?

SnoSki

I've seen cartoon frog, the new scrapped frog and the frog that looks like it is being viewed from above.

I had also seen the frog standing on hind legs and wearing a sweater but that hasn't been used in ages. There's also that one that was used on a purple helmet decades ago.. Help me out gdu.

Zubaz

There's also the one that kinda looks like this:

41-35435-Y.jpg

Not sure how long it was used, but I know I've seen it in the past.

froghair

Just looking through some of my stuff last night and I have a good 5 or 6 different Frogs. Add in the new one and it brings the total I have witnessed to about 7 or 8. Can't we just pick one and not change it? Do you see UT changing logos every 5 years?

Over how long a period of time? New or real old?

Those UT ares one cartoons not really logos. UT obviously had a lot of drawings done by various people, but I don't consider it a logo unless you can shrink it.

I'll be happy the day that betsy price changes the city of fort worth logo to something besides a UT copy.

The only other "Texas" option would be a mustang. Would you rather see that?

Things to Choose From:
http://www.enchanted...a/states/texas/

Its a longhorn because of the cattle drives that went thru. If anything, UT stole it from Fort Worth.

Bonner4Prez said:
Those UT ares one cartoons not really logos. UT obviously had a lot of drawings done by various people, but I don't consider it a logo unless you can shrink it.

UT does use those logos on campus, just not on tv brodcasts.

Deep Purple

For roughly the last decade, TCU has had only two official Frog logos. This one for Athletics:

logo_tcu2_220.gif

And this one for non-Athletics:

tcu_horned_frogs_86599.jpg

If you've got as many as 5 or 6, you likely have many older, out-of-date logos. I completely agree that we should select one for Athletics and stick with it. This never-ending tinkering gets really tiresome.

This one is from the 1950s:

41-35435-Y.jpg

This one is from the 1960's:

EarlyTCUlogo.gif