• The KillerFrogs

Who would you rather play in the BXII Championship?

Limp Lizard

Yeah, yeah, too it's too early, beat Kansas, yada yada. The players have to play one game at a time, but we fans can dream. I am always disturbed how some posters here have a hard time figuring out we do not play the games.

Assuming we lose no more than one game in conference we are probably in the championship game. I don't know how we will match up against OU, but so far, I really don't look forward to a rematch against OSU or WVU. Perhaps we did not play as well against WVU, or they had a perfect game play against us. Although I would rather play WVU and Holgorson, they already have two losses, so if they did win that would guarantee the BXII being left out. So I will have to go with OSU. That should be a great game. If OU makes it in, that means they will have defeated us in the regular season.

Bob Sugar

Yeah, yeah, too it's too early, beat Kansas, yada yada. The players have to play one game at a time, but we fans can dream. I am always disturbed how some posters here have a hard time figuring out we do not play the games.

Assuming we lose no more than one game in conference we are probably in the championship game. I don't know how we will match up against OU, but so far, I really don't look forward to a rematch against OSU or WVU. Perhaps we did not play as well against WVU, or they had a perfect game play against us. Although I would rather play WVU and Holgorson, they already have two losses, so if they did win that would guarantee the BXII being left out. So I will have to go with OSU. That should be a great game. If OU makes it in, that means they will have defeated us in the regular season.
If OU beats Everyone but TCU the rest of the way, they are still in the championship game with 1 conference loss

Limp Lizard

As long as we are undefeated, I'd like for the Big12 championship game to be cancelled. If we lose a regular season game, I'd prefer to play Kansas.
Why? What we expect and dream of has no bearing on what happens on the field. Why not think ahead? Unless you can't deal with disappointment. Then play it safe.

Dogfrog

There are 5 conference teams with only one conf. loss, OU hasn’t played any of the top conference teams yet and already lost to ISU. Could be a wild season.

Pharm Frog

Why? What we expect and dream of has no bearing on what happens on the field. Why not think ahead? Unless you can't deal with disappointment. Then play it safe.

Given the teams remaining on their schedule, until KU loses its fourth game they are not eliminated from the possibility of playing in the Championship game. So...under my scenario, TCU would need to lose its only Big12 game on Saturday night and then I'd like our chances in the Championship game against them. Duh.

FinanceFrog

i agree with OP - too many posters say we need to focus on the next game. the players need to focus on the next game, i can focus on what i want.

assuming we've lost, I'd prefer to play whoever we lost to. get a little bit of the revenge factor heading into the game.

MAcFroggy

I do not know exactly which I prefer, but I think the people in the Big 12 conference headquarters hope one of the following happens:

1. TCU wins out. OSU wins all remaining games including Bedlam. 12-0 TCU plays against 11-1 OSU in the championship game.

2. TCU wins all games except OU. OU wins all games including Bedlam. 11-1 TCU plays against 11-1 OU in championship game.

Sebastian S

What the big 12 wants is the highest ranked teams to get into the championship game.

Right now that's TCU and OU winning out the regular season.

The championship game could possibly be against 2 top 6 big 12 teams and the winner will be assured a playoff spot.

They would also like to see WVU and OSU remain ranked

That gives the top 2 schools at least 2 wins vs ranked P5 teams.

What they don't want is the Big 12 champ to have 2 losses.

Zubaz

Based on the two top teams that we played, I'd rather play WVU again than Okie State. We played our best game of the year, and Okie State made some dumb mistakes against us. Their QB had an unusually bad game (that we forced), and we basically won the game by 6 (I know we scored on the last drive, but that was because they had sold out to stop us on third down or the game was over).

WVU was the opposite, we played a pretty mediocre game, at least on offense, and Yeah yeah missed INT or OPI or whatever, but that was only after allowing two long TD passes to make it closer. I'd feel a lot more comfortable playing them again, even if I think Grier is more elusive than Rudolph.