• The KillerFrogs

Who watched the Texas-Iowa State game?

Wexahu

Very frustrating as a fan to watch especially when you think you have seen signs of improvement. You may laugh when i say this and all things are relative, but Jacob Park isn't that bad, it was easily his worse game he has played at ISU and he actually is one of the better quarterbacks ISU has had since Seneca or Sage Rosenfels.

What has happened to Mike Warren? A couple years ago he was the guy and now he hardly even plays. I wasn't all that impressed with the Montgomery kid, seems like Warren could do better.

As for Park, I've seen him play much better, but that was god-awful last night. He tried to look real cool walking into the stadium though.

What has happened to Mike Warren? A couple years ago he was the guy and now he hardly even plays. I wasn't all that impressed with the Montgomery kid, seems like Warren could do better.

As for Park, I've seen him play much better, but that was god-awful last night. He tried to look real cool walking into the stadium though.

Warren got into Campbell's dog house a bit last year with what sounded like a lack of effort in practice and lost his job to Montgomery and he IS a stud, i would keep an eye on him if i were you. He didn't really get much of a chance to do anything last night with i think 9 carries and the offensive line is still a work in progress.

Purp

Very frustrating as a fan to watch especially when you think you have seen signs of improvement. You may laugh when i say this and all things are relative, but Jacob Park isn't that bad, it was easily his worse game he has played at ISU and he actually is one of the better quarterbacks ISU has had since Seneca or Sage Rosenfels.
I was about to say this. He looked terrible last night, but he's been impressive other times I've seen him. He looked like drunk/hungover Boykin.

netty2424

Warren looked like the future a couple years ago. Per a UT buddy, they're missing 3 starting OL.

P

purplePPO

I would say Texas defense has improved based on what I saw against USC. Maryland was a disaster for them obviously. However trying to judge last night's defense is hard to do based on the questionable play calling and the bad QB play of Iowa State. It makes me wonder how much they have improved.

netty2424

I would say Texas defense has improved based on what I saw against USC. Maryland was a disaster for them obviously. However trying to judge last night's defense is hard to do based on the questionable play calling and the bad QB play of Iowa State. It makes me wonder how much they have improved.
Pretty much where I'm at on their defense. Improved from last year, sure. By how much, TBD.

3 interceptions that were uncontested, QB just sailed the receivers. Hard to give credit to UT for those imo.

SuperTFrog

Huh? The fans should be watching WV game film? Since a player or a coach did not start this thread you can only be referring to the fans. Wow.
Hate that I have to say I was kidding. Playing off the plethora of people that say we shouldn't be talking about difference conference championship scenarios but focusing on WVU.

Tom Brown

People are pumping up Penn State after a close win against Iowa 21-19.

Some are saying that was the most impressive win last weekend.

Iowa State took Iowa to overtime and scored 41.

I havent seen much of that. Im sering more that psu survived.

HeidelFrog

I watched the NFL game. Had fantasy players going. Important stuff... side note: Tony Romo is really good at calling games. Very impressed!

MN Frog

One of the worst play calling performances Ive seen. ISU had some 50 passes and only 14 rushing attempts. UT pinned their ears back on the dline all night. No attempt by ISU to keep the ruah honest.

tetonfrog

Texas is much better in the secondary than last year. They seem more organized now (Maryland excluded) in the back end. Both teams' OL were really bad.Our DL should pressure both QBs all game long.

I liked our chances before the season to beat them and I still do.