• The KillerFrogs

Who is the best Texas h.s. player you ever saw?

Our own Charlie Davis was pretty amazing in high school. He didn’t get much publicity because of the tiny class B high school we both attended. Charlie could burst through the opposing teams O line and tackle everyone in the backfield…and did on numerous occasions. He was a 4/5 star player if he had played at a large school. And don’t forget, he had to play both ways in Wortham. He was a formidable blocker when he was out in front of our Full Back, Hugh Poindexter…
GO FROGS!
Welcome SMFD!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!?
How many Davis brothers were there? 8? Several in the NFL and TCU. I think Charlie gave Rodger Staubach his 1st concussion.

Froginbedford

He move to Aledo?
Something of humor here in your post, I'm sure....But of course you know that Deerinwater played for WF Rider in the 1960s....Both Rider and Bell had been classified as 4A (largest) in 1964 and it was assumed that as smaller schools in that district they would be at best mediocre....Both won and won and deposed the traditional power houses of Wichita Falls High and Grand Prairie and Irving....In 1964 and 1965, Bell and Rider met late in the season for the championship....Deerinwater was an Indigenous Person running back who couldn't be stopped....

Evlo59

Tyson Thompson from Irving (had some issues before arriving at TCU). I played against that guy, I was good player but that guy was other worldly. I have never seen such a combination of speed and strength