• The KillerFrogs

When the going gets tough. . .

Rabidfrog

many can finish this--the tough get going. It's time for us as fans to hang tough with our coaches and players and quit tis bitchin' and finger pointin.' Coach Sonny had a rough weekend. I could tell it in his face. The loss of a family member can unstring one. We lost a close, hard fought game. So what? It'll happen again. Sometimes you come out on top, sometimes not.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
many can finish this--the tough get going. It's time for us as fans to hang tough with our coaches and players and quit tis bitchin' and finger pointin.' Coach Sonny had a rough weekend. I could tell it in his face. The loss of a family member can unstring one. We lost a close, hard fought game. So what? It'll happen again. Sometimes you come out on top, sometimes not.
Despite the personal loss and emotional week, that is not why we laid a second half [ Finebaum ].

The TCU Football Jerk

I'm hanging tough by holding the crappy coaching accountable.

Volare

Outside of Newton and Helm, I struggle to find a single player or coach who was really good last night. Maybe JP Richardson. Everyone else was either a no show or committed mistakes that at least somewhat offset the good things they did.
I thought Savion had some very nice catches (and run after catch) in addition to JPR. There were a few times he was running free and un-noticed. For his effort he was rotated out.

CountryFrog

RB ran tough , but OL didn't create much for him.
I mostly agree. But unfortunately Bailey also had a huge opportunity in the 2nd quarter to make it a 21-7 game. He was one on one with a defender and basically a third of the field wide open and gets taken down short of the first then we go for it on 4th and don't make it.

That was a huge opportunity where you gotta have your #1 RB be able to make one defender miss in that type of space. It could've given us a 2 score lead and instead WVU ends up tying it a couple possessions later.

CountryFrog

I thought Savion had some very nice catches (and run after catch) in addition to JPR. There were a few times he was running free and un-noticed. For his effort he was rotated out.
I thought about Savion too. It was no fault of his own but he didn't have a big play like Richardson did. He had a couple nice plays though and agree he played solid. There were a few guys who I think were solid. It's not like every single player outside of the 3 I mentioned played poorly. They just either didn't do a whole lot to impact the game or they did actually have some bad mistakes that hurt us.

Wright would be the perfect example. He obviously had the huge play before half that put us up 21-14. But then he also had a drop, ran the wrong route that resulted in the intentional grounding (it was a bogus call but it wouldn't have been called at all if DW runs the correct route and who knows maybe we even get a big play there), and then he had a huge false start penalty on that last drive that's totally inexcusable. So he had a couple great moments that were unfortunately at least somewhat negated by some huge mistakes.

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

RB ran tough , but OL didn't create much for him.
If my recollection is correct, I remember back during camp where coaches said the OL could be a real strength. They were so hyped about the OL stating they could have as many as 9/10 lineman rotating.
Right now, I believe it’s our biggest weakness and I don’t understand what happened. It just feels like coaches not understanding the level of talent they’re working with.

This whole team has no rhythm because it makes so many fundamental mistakes on the field.

Last edited:

hornedfrog86

If my recollection is correct, I remember back during camp where coaches said the OL could be a real strength. They were so hyped on the OL stating they could have as many as 9/10 lineman rotating.
Right now, I believe it’s our biggest weakness and I don’t understand what happened. It just feels like coaches not understanding the level of talent they’re working with.

This whole team has no rhythm because it makes so many fundamental mistakes on the field.
I would say all the injury timeouts broke the little rhythm we started.

LSU Game Attendee

South Park Cartoons Comics GIF

Spike

Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?

y2kFrog

If my recollection is correct, I remember back during camp where coaches said the OL could be a real strength. They were so hyped on the OL stating they could have as many as 9/10 lineman rotating.

I think we have a lot of young guys they really like, but when you play young guys they make lots of mistakes. It will pay off in the future.

East Coast

Tier 1

To be fair, until today they have been pretty good in the running game. The pass protection has been fair to poor every game. I think our staff didn't realize how bad our DL would be putting pressure on the QB; going bad on bad can give a false impression.

OICU812

It’s easy to grin
When your ship comes in
And you’ve got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile
Is the man who can smile
When his shorts are too tight in the seat