• The KillerFrogs

What is Going On With This “App”?

Sonny Side Up

For the last couple of weeks Killer Frogs has locked up every time I access it. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? I have cleared my cache, reinstalled everything, with no success. Any suggestions are appreciated.

A agonizing, kick-ass win over the Brazos Bums helps, but I have major tech issues.

cctcu

For the last couple of weeks Killer Frogs has locked up every time I access it. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? I have cleared my cache, reinstalled everything, with no success. Any suggestions are appreciated.

A agonizing, kick-ass win over the Brazos Bums helps, but I have major tech issues.
Happening to me also. I get on, then it stops everything and says Wait or Exit. Frustrating.

Apps, apps and more apps. Everyone wants you to use their app and for my phone and iPad they add clutter, need frequent updates, and most annoying is I quickly become irritated if what I am accessing is then loading slower because of the app crap.

An app needs to make my access better and not just benefit the creator. I have no idea about the KF app because I have never tried it. My negative experience with apps has me not bothering with them if I don’t need to.

Last edited:

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Is this with the iOS or the Google version of the app?

FYI we don't develop the app in house, it's one tied to our Forum software so I'll have to get the right developers involved once I know which version is causing problems.

Purp

Is this with the iOS or the Google version of the app?

FYI we don't develop the app in house, it's one tied to our Forum software so I'll have to get the right developers involved once I know which version is causing problems.
I wonder if it's linked to an ad issue. I had to switch to the default skin last week at work bc my computer monitors kept flickering when I closed ads. The last time was especially scary bc it opened a splash ad across the entire screen like a virus had taken over, then my monitors shut off and didn't come back. I had to disconnect from the dock and close everything down. Can't believe that got through all of our security measures and also beat Brave.

Brave on mobile still works like a champ, but the laptop browser was defeated.

TxFrog1999

I wonder if it's linked to an ad issue. I had to switch to the default skin last week at work bc my computer monitors kept flickering when I closed ads. The last time was especially scary bc it opened a splash ad across the entire screen like a virus had taken over, then my monitors shut off and didn't come back. I had to disconnect from the dock and close everything down. Can't believe that got through all of our security measures and also beat Brave.

Brave on mobile still works like a champ, but the laptop browser was defeated.
There should be zero popups on the site. Do you remember what the ad was for?

Purp

There should be zero popups on the site. Do you remember what the ad was for?
No. Monitors turned off immediately when it popped up and then I scrambled to close everything as quickly as I could when I undocked and opened the laptop. Sorry.

TxFrog1999

I’ll need more details y’all, because I’m confused as to where y’all are seeing the problems:

- is the issue on the website or through the KF App?
- if app, which version? iOS or Android?
- if website, is it mobile, desktop, or both?
- is it an ad issue or just a general slow down?

Endless Purple

Still on my iPhone with delays loading and trying to back out, white screen flickers and then error messages for loading pages. Seems like an ad issue trying to load stuff that it shouldn't.

Desktop with firefox is fine.

TxFrog1999

Still on my iPhone with delays loading and trying to back out, white screen flickers and then error messages for loading pages. Seems like an ad issue trying to load stuff that it shouldn't.

Desktop with firefox is fine.
When you say you're on your iPhone, does that mean viewing the site through a browser (if so, which one) or using the iOS app?

TxFrog1999

I use the mobile site, on Chrome, and don't have any problems at all.
Would you mind trying Mobile Safari and see if you encounter any issues? I'm beginning to think this has to do with the change Apple made in the latest version of Safari/Webkit.

Purp

I’ll need more details y’all, because I’m confused as to where y’all are seeing the problems:

- is the issue on the website or through the KF App?
- if app, which version? iOS or Android?
- if website, is it mobile, desktop, or both?
- is it an ad issue or just a general slow down?
I have zero issues on mobile using Brave browser on an Android. My issue is solely on the desktop version using Brave. I'm only spit-balling that the other issues could be related, but it's pure conjecture based on the timing of my issue versus the others reported.