• The KillerFrogs

What do you think of my bet?

frogbyproxy

Bad Bet. Ohio St. has already made 3 BCS title games and won one. TCU has reach to reach the BCS title game. The Big-12 is the deepest conference and will be more dificult to go undefeated in.

Also Ohio St., has the tradition and name recognition, they could finish with a loss and still make the title game. Like in 2007.

Love the enthusiam and confidence. Financially a bad bet, but If we do win a NC I bet the look on your OSU friend's face when he hands over the $100 will be worth more than the money.

Errr! Have you forgotten TCU has 2 NC wins already but not Bcs BS. Plus might mention Ohio St will be on probation once the NCAA finishes up giving TCU a couple if years to win before OSU is eligible.

Stiff Arm Frog

Big12 is a much harder conference to win than the Big10, but I like your odds.

TCU's schedule in coming years will be tough, but in two or three years this team that Gary's building is going to be monstrous.

Virginia Frog

Urban Meyer in crappy Big ten = NC within 4 years if not sooner.

TCU in big 12.....that's a lofty goal especially considering we are playing LSU in 2013 and 2014 with a new QB :eek:hmy:
Small correction: QB CP will still be on board in '13 (@LSU to begin HIS Heisman campaign.)

In '14 - we've got #10 Matt Brown - who will lead the NCAA Div 1-A in QB rushing and on the ground TDs. This will be a W in Fort Worth!

YCBJ Frog

Urban Meyer will pull in recruits from Florida like no school outside of the South ever has before. Now compound that with Florida struggling and FSU blowing their best chance at having a benchmark season this millennium--and you've got a losing combination for your bet.

Ohio State will look like someone dropped Florida from 2006-2008 into the Big 10, and it will look like that in under 3 years.

cdsfrog

Small correction: QB CP will still be on board in '13 (@LSU to begin HIS Heisman campaign.)

In '14 - we've got #10 Matt Brown - who will lead the NCAA Div 1-A in QB rushing and on the ground TDs. This will be a W in Fort Worth!

I should have separated those two. That's why I put the :eek:hmy: next to 2014.

2013 is at LSU but Casey will be a senior

roddog

Banned
ohio state was the last school from the north or cold schools to win it, weird how college teams playing in the cold dont fair near as well as the nfl teams!

YCBJ Frog

ohio state was the last school from the north or cold schools to win it, weird how college teams playing in the cold dont fair near as well as the nfl teams!

At no point has a BCS championship been played in cold weather, so this doesn't make any sense. Most of them (the whole Big 10 until this year) didn't even play after thanksgiving weekend until last season, so cold weather was never a factor in a game.

Now if you're talking about cold weather being a hindrance to a program (like from recruiting) instead of weather hindering a team in a game, then I can see where you're coming from. I don't agree, but it's less dumb.

Houston Frog

That's cause NFL teams don't have to play with players from their geographic region

(yes, I realize college teams don't "have to", but they do for the most part)